• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby BG sounds like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory

Lindsay BGM BE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsay
Hi all, our baby BG sounds like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory from time to time. S/he has that same puff Sheldon does when he laughs. Anyone else seen something like this before? Regards Lindsay

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
If you upload it too YouTube you can post it here:)

Lindsay BGM BE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsay
i'll give it a try but thats like asking to meet the pope in person :p

Lindsay BGM BE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsay
Around 30 secs you hear s/he doing it but only for a second. It usualy lasts longer...

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You have a little baby there...

Maybe 6 weeks old? They are so sweet and delicate at that age. Blue & golds are pretty vocal guys, the noise you are hearing is not uncommon. Most sounds at that age are food related.

Make sure to keep everything around the baby clean, wash your hands many times a day. Disinfect all your feeding utensils and pay close attention to your formula directions. Are you familiar with handfeeding? Too cold and they get infections, too hot and you can burn a hole in the crop. Too thin and they can aspirate, too thick and they can get infections.

Make sure you weigh your sweetie daily in grams. Every morning before food and after the first big poop. Write it down in a diary so you can keep track.
Babies require a lot of sleep and need to be fed on a pretty routine schedule. They are tough birds when they are older but babies are so delicate.

Welcome to AA Lindsay, what is your sweetie's name?

Lindsay BGM BE

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lindsay
Hi Macawnutz. I did handfeeding before. I weigh s/he every day before and after feeding. 4 times a day. This morning baby was at 870 grams. Day 38. Been with us for 9 days and gained over 200 grams. A lil monster. Starts 'grooming' itself. Loves cuddles and kisses on its cheeks. As for the formula, we make our own food. My husbands is a retailer in birdfood and this is his receipe for high energy babies. Looked at by a vet and all natural and healthy products. More advanced than the common product most people know. We made sure to look at the fat percentage and protein percentage. After all they need both to grow and stay healthy. Dont have a name yet since we dont know what sex our baby is. Going to the vet at 12 weeks to have some bloodworks done and then we'll know more. I never heard a baby made that sound. Its like s/he is super excited over something. A lil goofy dinosaur Thx for your reply

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They do make very strange sounds, especially blue & golds.

Sorry to throw so much at you, many members do little reading before bringing them home. It's easy they say... that is until you have trouble. I wouldn't do it again, the stress alone would have me perish. ;)

I'll get my baby fix from your sweetie so treat him well and post lots of pictures! Oh, and never be too proud to ask silly questions! We were all first time macaw owners once.