• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

avitec heating panels

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I just found out they stopped selling all their stuff :( I can't believe I didn't buy more when I had the chance, I always think that somehow everything will always be available. :crycry:

I am looking for more avitec heating panels, and if anyone by chance have any that they are willing to sell me, please let me know.

also, if anyone has the k&h heating panel, any reviews good or bad?

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
They are back! Parrot Posse's, Judith Archer is selling them and the extra money goes back to the PP funds to send things to rescues and help others in certain situations. Message me and I'll send her email so you can contact her.

Also, I did read directly that a previous member believes that the K&H burned a hole in her birds chest. It was inside the cage though...not sure if you can mount them outside?

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
They are back! Parrot Posse's, Judith Archer is selling them and the extra money goes back to the PP funds to send things to rescues and help others in certain situations. Message me and I'll send her email so you can contact her.

Also, I did read directly that a previous member believes that the K&H burned a hole in her birds chest. It was inside the cage though...not sure if you can mount them outside?
OMG!! That is one of the things I have never liked about K&H panels, they are inside the cage. I will message you right now :)

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

I sent you a message too.

I thought I would never see them offered again.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have the K&H panel inside the cage. It is nice and warm for a bird to cuddle up with, but will they? Its is safe and I see no risks of using it but my birds will do most anything but get next to it so far.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Send me your email address if you haven’t heard anything. I’ll then send her a list to check for...

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I have K&H panels in each of my birds' cages. I check them regularly to make sure they're not malfunctioning and getting too hot. They stay at just over 100F - warm to the touch, not enough to burn. Cake loooooves his.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I made it through to her.

Thanks!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
OMG!! That is one of the things I have never liked about K&H panels, they are inside the cage. I will message you right now :)
Juduth received your email message and when she clicks "reply" she gets a "failure to deliver message". Has that ever happened to you before? Judith said she tried 3 times.

Do you have Facebook?

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
@webchirp I sent you an e-mail about a panel. I would die to get one of these for Gracie. Bo is right near the heater so he is all toasty all night but Gracie is in the far room and the air doesn't get as warm out where she is at.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
So, exactly where can I find one of these heating panels?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just sent you a pm.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Avitech products are hard to get now. I searched Amazon for you and they are no longer sold there. This is the message you get on their web page:

Janelle M. Crandell, the owner of Avitech Bird Supplies, has unexpectedly passed away. As a result, we have ceased operations and we are now out of stock. We thank you for your patronage all these years and your support for Janelle.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
The company that made the panels for Avitech are now selling them through Judith Archer. She is using the money to help fund Parrot Posse. They send toys, food and at times cages out to rescues in need.