• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Autumn's Forage Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi there,

I really love the idea of giving my birds opportunities to forage. Several weeks ago I went to Micheals and bought Autumn, my cinnamon GCC some little 2" boxes and put string through them to make little a little forage box. She liked it. I went to Micheals the other day and bought her a little cardboard box, just about 41/2" wide and almost 2 inches high. I filled it with some stuff like a little wicker wreath, a few pieces of wood for toys, a munch ball, a little wiffle ball and a bunch of safflower seeds and some nutri berries. She is having a GREAT time and was actually sitting inside her box going through everything. Now, i want to go back there and buy her some more boxes:)

Vicki

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I have to go to Michael's :D They sound great!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have to go to Michael's :D They sound great!
Yes, they have a lot of cool stuff including stuff like this that can be made into bird stuff. I was just so excited that she liked it that much. I had tried to make a forage plate, but she didn't like that nearly as much as the box:)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The dollar store is also another great place to find little wicker baskets and good stuff to put into their forage box too

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
I scored a bunch of stuff today at Big Lots and I got 6 willow wreaths and some baskets at a dollar store last week :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
hehe, wow, that is awesome! I need to go their also, LOL! My fids like brown paper bags (lunch sacks), filled with shredded paper, etc, and the top twisted, and then hung from some leather, or cotton rope.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
hehe, wow, that is awesome! I need to go their also, LOL! My fids like brown paper bags (lunch sacks), filled with shredded paper, etc, and the top twisted, and then hung from some leather, or cotton rope.
I have some little bags and shreddy paper for foraging too but they didnt' seem to like them:( I should try that again though.

Vicki

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Thats a great idea...I'll have to try that for my guys. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.