• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Atticus is coming home today!

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Once again, YOU did not fail. Weather it be parrots or people, sometimes relationships DONT work. Point blank. You guys did the very best you could and were in my book super courageous to even think about undertaking such a huge responsibilty!! The experience both of you have gained is priceless and will most probably help you with your next parrot....Atti is an adult too with baggage and HIS own agenda. Even I couldnt handle that! I'm just really lucky that Elvis came to me young and with zero baggage and only knows me as his caretaker and friend...please dont leave the forum, it's hard to encounter nice folk;)you can always share stories and pic of your budgies.....and ask questions regarding other species of parrots as well....BTW: for the record, Elvis DID choose me.....
  • :rolleyes:
  • :hug8:

sierraecho89

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Seraphina
Lupe, that reminds me of a man I dated once. When we first met, he seemed PERFECT. Just PERFECT. But... four months later, I realized the extent of his psychological terrorist activities and had to show him the door. Even though the beginning was lovely. Maybe it's like that, although I definitely have fewer wounds this time! :wacky:

I'll still be around, of course. I love the heck out of my budgies; they just don't cause me stress, so I don't normally post about them. :D I'll definitely start now. We're also figuring out what to do with all of Atticus' stuff. We're thinking a different parrot, a larger one, but with a smaller beak (so no macaws, hyacinth or otherwise, lol!) that, were they to be aggressive (as they probably will at some point!), we'd be able to use the strategies we've read about. The more we read, the more we're leaning towards an eclectus, so you'll get to hear all about that adventure eventually.. A challenge? Yes! Manageable? Yes. Not afraid of that beak, no sir!
I hope you had a lovely mother's day, Lupe! :hug8:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Lupe, that reminds me of a man I dated once. When we first met, he seemed PERFECT. Just PERFECT. But... four months later, I realized the extent of his psychological terrorist activities and had to show him the door. Even though the beginning was lovely. Maybe it's like that, although I definitely have fewer wounds this time! :wacky:

I'll still be around, of course. I love the heck out of my budgies; they just don't cause me stress, so I don't normally post about them. :D I'll definitely start now. We're also figuring out what to do with all of Atticus' stuff. We're thinking a different parrot, a larger one, but with a smaller beak (so no macaws, hyacinth or otherwise, lol!) that, were they to be aggressive (as they probably will at some point!), we'd be able to use the strategies we've read about. The more we read, the more we're leaning towards an eclectus, so you'll get to hear all about that adventure eventually.. A challenge? Yes! Manageable? Yes. Not afraid of that beak, no sir!
I hope you had a lovely mother's day, Lupe! :hug8:

Thank you sweetie~! I did:). dont be so quick to get rid of Atti's things, I have a feeling you all are gonna get a parrot that fits you both.;). & happy your gonna stick around kiddo.....
  • :hug8: