• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Attempted escape- in a hand bag!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
This day really started differently.
My wife is up in morning tending chickens then getting ready for work. I 'm getting all the parrots down stairs, to their perches for their breakfast as usual. Then make first cup of coffee. By then poppers is usually done eating and wants to walk into dinning room and sit with me while I have coffee. Not today...which I thought ok she wants to hang in living room perch. Nope.
At that time my wife was out door on her way to work, grabbed her 2 foot high a 2 foot wide hand bag ( yea it's that big) and headed out door.
I watched her head down drive ( which we have a long drive) suddenly she brakes and backed up.
Thought she must have forgotten something.
She comes in " MICHAEL !!! Come get your Damn bird!! " now I'm barely awake and not at all comprehending this... Says " poppers, she's in the truck!! ". I thought .." what the h...how the h...oh I don't even want to know... "
Apparently she climb inside my wife's hand bag and my wife just grabbed the bag on way out...
I would have loved to have been a fly on the window when she looked over and seen poppers on seat beside her...!!!
Later texted me from work... " poppers owes me a new hand bag, that means you!...reached in bag for phone and got a hand full of poo.!! "
I wanted to text back rolling on the floor laughing, but I'd just end up rolling on the dog house floor howling....
So just said " yep...ok hon! "

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
LOL! That's just too funny! So glad Poppers is safe!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
LOL! That's just too funny! So glad Poppers is safe!
Must admit of all the years ( decades actually)
That I had parrots, never had that one happen before. Parrot proof your house and all, and you discover something new.
She's safe....though fully flighted, she's unable to fly...bumb wing she suffered from first when really young with first parronts. She can't extend left wing. Other than that perfectly health and full of new ideas.!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
You have no idea! .....one time found her way in my office and shredded up a whole lot of unopened copy paper for printer! What a mess.
door to office is always shut right now.
I buy packing paper by the reem for the bottoms of my cages cuz it's clean and Bird safe. I had a big stack under my macaw cage so it was out of sight yet still handy. Yesterday I pulled some out and somebirdy had chewed the back end off every sheet and left a big pile of shreds!

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That sounds more like female hormone behavior than attacking people. Nice dark nest site in a purse. I have to keep dog carriers in a different room from birds because I have couple that want to nest in there. Any dark space is likely to be very interesting to a lot of adult parrots. Some will come out blazing and ready for a fight if you disturb them. Although my females that are bonded with me tend to act like they want me to join them in the dark place.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That sounds more like female hormone behavior than attacking people. Nice dark nest site in a purse. I have to keep dog carriers in a different room from birds because I have couple that want to nest in there. Any dark space is likely to be very interesting to a lot of adult parrots. Some will come out blazing and ready for a fight if you disturb them. Although my females that are bonded with me tend to act like they want me to join them in the dark place.
Oh dear! I can imagine my wife when an Amazon were to jump out of her purse in truck!
That's very true, my female does like dark places. Mainly closets.....she once chew up a mess in closet like she had a nest. Man did she hiss when I wanted to get her out.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Poppers says, "darn, I almost made it."

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
This day really started differently.
My wife is up in morning tending chickens then getting ready for work. I 'm getting all the parrots down stairs, to their perches for their breakfast as usual. Then make first cup of coffee. By then poppers is usually done eating and wants to walk into dinning room and sit with me while I have coffee. Not today...which I thought ok she wants to hang in living room perch. Nope.
At that time my wife was out door on her way to work, grabbed her 2 foot high a 2 foot wide hand bag ( yea it's that big) and headed out door.
I watched her head down drive ( which we have a long drive) suddenly she brakes and backed up.
Thought she must have forgotten something.
She comes in " MICHAEL !!! Come get your Damn bird!! " now I'm barely awake and not at all comprehending this... Says " poppers, she's in the truck!! ". I thought .." what the h...how the h...oh I don't even want to know... "
Apparently she climb inside my wife's hand bag and my wife just grabbed the bag on way out...
I would have loved to have been a fly on the window when she looked over and seen poppers on seat beside her...!!!
Later texted me from work... " poppers owes me a new hand bag, that means you!...reached in bag for phone and got a hand full of poo.!! "
I wanted to text back rolling on the floor laughing, but I'd just end up rolling on the dog house floor howling....
So just said " yep...ok hon! "
Love it! :rofl:

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Ooooo perfect story. For me though it is a win win situation or even win win win situation considering three parties involved. Your amazon had her mischief you had good lough and youf wife will get a new bag. Everyone is happy.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ooooo perfect story. For me though it is a win win situation or even win win win situation considering three parties involved. Your amazon had her mischief you had good lough and youf wife will get a new bag. Everyone is happy.
Nice way to look at it!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Never a dull moment, right? LOL.