• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

At my wits end with roaches

BirdyBrain

Checking out the neighborhood
I've been fighting with roaches for about a year, trying every single natural and bird safe remedy, and they still persist. During the day I never see them but at night they come out and they're huge, the biggest roaches I've ever seen in my life. As fat as my thumb and an inch long. Its disgusting! I'm about ready to give up and call an exterminator but I'm worried about my birds. I'd board them or go to a hotel with them but what if theres still toxins afterwards? Has anyone dealt with this before?

PS I live in an old house with a lot of nooks and crannies, I've seen them crawl under the baseboard and am pretty sure they hide in the walls during the day, I don't even know how to get to them except at night.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I’ve used avian insect liquidator

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
The hardiest critters on the planet. Scientists say they will be the sole survivors of a global nuclear war. STOP SQUASHING them. The white stuff that comes out are eggs that can survive even fire. Any roach I find I put outside alive.