• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Artificial grass

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
We tried the artificial grass.. so far not much interest, even with millet available lol... But will keep offering it as a foraging opportunity.
20231213_153559.jpg 20231213_153312.jpg

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
We tried the artificial grass.. so far not much interest, even with millet available lol... But will keep offering it as a foraging opportunity.
View attachment 438889 View attachment 438890
Please be careful with artificial grass. Artificial grass can be made from nylon, polypropylene and/or polyethylene. Polypropylene is toxic to birds. Also, I have seen where the backing has string and glue to hold it together. Not sure if the glue is toxic but I am guessing that it probably is. The string is also very long and thin. This can also put your bird in harms way.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Cali

Real Name
Janet
Thank you, I got the idea from someone on this forum... Don't recall exactly. I got one that was designed for pets. I'm confused now ..

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Yay! I hope it works for you!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Real Name
Ann
Thank you, I got the idea from someone on this forum... Don't recall exactly. I got one that was designed for pets. I'm confused now ..
I never saw the original post or I would have responded to that post also. The pet friendly is designed for cats and dogs. It holds up to their scratching and doesnt hold urine smells.
Unfortunately, just because something is pet friendly doesnt mean it is bird friendly. I just wanted you to be aware of what the grass can be made from. You could contact the manufacturer and ask for what the grass is made of. If it doesnt contain polypropylene you could use it as a foraging toy with supervision.

Cali

Real Name
Janet
I never saw the original post or I would have responded to that post also. The pet friendly is designed for cats and dogs. It holds up to their scratching and doesnt hold urine smells.
Unfortunately, just because something is pet friendly doesnt mean it is bird friendly. I just wanted you to be aware of what the grass can be made from. You could contact the manufacturer and ask for what the grass is made of. If it doesnt contain polypropylene you could use it as a foraging toy with supervision.

Thank you, I appreciate it ... I will find out for sure!!