• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Arlington Heights

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Quite beautiful!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
After our two boys, Daniel is very quiet but fun to have visiting. We're all discovering the differences between life in Sweden and life in IL. And @zoo mom , Tikk considers me chopped liver now. He wouldn't have anything to do with Daniel but 3 days later the little stinker was stepping up for him, taking treats, giving him kisses and flying to him without any intention of biting. Now he might take a treat from me but only one, he literally spits out the rest (sunflower seeds no less).

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Very nice of Sandra and Fred. Enjoyed the photos. Didn't realize there were coyotes wandering around Arlington Park.
We've had coyote come through our yard during the day; they walk down the hedge line and they're practically invisible. They'll check out the shrubs around our house and check under the bird feeders. I saw a coyote one summer in broad daylight one lunch time just lying in the grass of the empty house across the street. That was really strange because there were people working on a classic car in the driveway.

They've been spotted around Arlington Heights and Buffalo Grove. Arlington Park aka Arlington International Racecourse is just the race track or "the track" as most residents call it. Arlington Park (Arlington Heights) - 2018 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - TripAdvisor

We live closest to Lake Arlington and Camelot Park which have facilities on them, i.e. a community center or concession building. There are several though that are just green areas or have swings/jungle gyms on them. https://www.ahpd.org/parks/facilities/

I usually warn the neighbor a couple of houses down if I see one because they've got a pug they let out.

We also have red fox and watched one catch a squirrel in our front yard this winter. Life in the suburbs ...

Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Coyotes are all over the place in Chicago and the suburbs. I've seen dozens at night and one in the afternoon. If you look close you can see the yellow trackers on it's ear 20151002_115328.jpg

@SandraK it's so nice of you and Fred to open up your home!

@Cassiopejaz , how long are you staying here? It's been a really nice streak of good weather for you so far. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Wow! It's super pretty there!
We're in an area which isn't completely incorporated as in my street Ridge Road doesn't have sidewalks and we still have open ditches for water run off. If you look at https://www.ahpd.org/parks/facilities/ and click on Lake Arlington on a map you can just see Ridge under the pop-up box. We also live about a block away from a high tension power corridor so there is a large open area behind the houses across the street from us. I'm sure it's great for the coyotes for hunting. I know the hawks love it cause they can sit at the top of the towers and get a bird's eye view of the menu.

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
@Cassiopejaz , how long are you staying here? It's been a really nice streak of good weather for you so far. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!
Im staying until 31 May...and have a little trip to Gettysburg in Pennsylvania planned to...and yea its been lovely weather..and hopefully it comes back soon :)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Im staying until 31 May...and have a little trip to Gettysburg in Pennsylvania planned to...and yea its been lovely weather..and hopefully it comes back soon :)
Nice! That's a good long time!
I've never been to Pennsylvania so I'll be on the look out for those pics too:)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lancaster Pennsylvania is awesome. Any chance you'll be through there?

You have to watch for the horse drawn buggies if you're close.