• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are you annoyed yet?! :D Mali photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Not to be an alarmist... but have you spoke to the breeder, and asked if she was like this before? Does she do ok with the perches together?
Hi Carole, it's perfectly normal if the Capes I've interacted with in the past are any indication. They're not all exactly the same, but the ones I've seen seem to be a little on the clumsy side in the first six or so months. :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Maybe it's the same as the drunken wobble that toddlers have when they're just beginning to learn to walk? :rolleyes:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Yes, as said above, baby capes are very well known for being clumsy!

She perches fine, it's just when she gets moving quickly and tries to be fancy, or goes on a slippery perch. She also gets her feet all tangled up together and then she just freezes because she doesn't know what to do next!! :lol:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

She perches fine, it's just when she gets moving quickly and tries to be fancy, or goes on a slippery perch. She also gets her feet all tangled up together and then she just freezes because she doesn't know what to do next!! :lol:
Hmm...that sounds soooo familiar ;)

:lol:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy

Hmm...that sounds soooo familiar ;)

:lol:
Isn't it the funniest thing when they just stop and stare at you like "help me! My feet are all tangled!" She always let out a little pig noise and waits for me to help her. LOL

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

Isn't it the funniest thing when they just stop and stare at you like "help me! My feet are all tangled!" She always let out a little pig noise and waits for me to help her. LOL
At least she waits - I have a feeling Léa doesn't find we are quick enough and just goes ahead, whatever the consequence might be.
Actually...writing that, she sounds a lot like I did as a baby if I go by what my mom told me... :huh:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy

At least she waits - I have a feeling Léa doesn't find we are quick enough and just goes ahead, whatever the consequence might be.
Actually...writing that, she sounds a lot like I did as a baby if I go by what my mom told me... :huh:
LOL She doesn't need your help! :p She can do everything by herself - like a big girl! :lol:

Mali always waits for me to help her....if she's fallen she runs to me and waits for me to pick her up (all while screaming!), if she is having a hard time climbing onto a perch or something, she waits for me....etc. Now that she's had a few days here I'm making her do more stuff herself. :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Ok..good. Whew...sorry..didn't want to put a negative on a great thread! :o:
Time for more pics!!!:dancing::lol:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Thank you for caring enough to say something :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Gosh..so they drool, they fall down, they scream,they just want to play play play...they want their mommy all the time.:confused: They might just be the biggest baby of all parrots!:hehe:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Gosh..so they drool, they fall down, they scream,they just want to play play play...they want their mommy all the time.:confused: They might just be the biggest baby of all parrots!:hehe:
You should hear the noises she makes too!! Sometimes I think there's a human baby in the room! :lol:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Video op!!:dance4:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Video op!!:dance4:
Haha I know!! I tried to take one earlier today. She was going all over her cage, playing, being very active and making THE CUTEST noises!! But as soon as I whipped out the camera she stopped and stared at me. :lol:

I'll try again later today!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

Haha I know!! I tried to take one earlier today. She was going all over her cage, playing, being very active and making THE CUTEST noises!! But as soon as I whipped out the camera she stopped and stared at me. :lol:

I'll try again later today!
Ha! She pulled a Joey! :rofl:

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
LOL, I never thought of them that way, but you know something, you're exactly right! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.