• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are these eggs dead?

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
Don't leave it. Do something about it. It is an easy fix.
Either tip in some shavings when you are inspecting the chicks next, or give the hen some paper and let her shred it and make the nest herself.
I’ve done both of those things she does take some paper shreds and then uses it but then she changes her mind and throw everything out this is her first clutch that she’s raising (her very first clutch she abandoned the babies) with a partner (not a very good one at that) if I bother her and move the babies to much (like I did last time) she will abandon or kill them like last time I’ve checked the babies and the legs are completely fine (as in not splayed) and so is the rest of their body and there growing at a normal rate

Hasrat1

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hasrat Kaur
Maybe she’ll be happier if she makes the paper shreds?.
She does have access to all kinds of paper she does shred but as this is her second clutch she’s not that good at making nests and she keeps changing her mind pulling all the paper out of the nesting box then shredding new paper to just pulling them out of the nesting box again