• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are starlings territorial ????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

turacan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
hm
hi, i was wondering are starlings territorial as i want to buy about 3 -4 pairs for my aviary . i want to get the golden breasted starling , crowned starling , pagodas starling and maybe a pair of bali starlings . i would like to know if these species would live and breed in same aviary or just fight and squabble for territory. the aviary is very nicely laid out it's about 12ft x 12ft x 16ft and has a lot of plantation and shrub for the birds to perch on and to get away from each other.Each pair will be provided with there own small housing area for the winter months and for nesting in , it is heated with a 60watt light bulb which stays on every night during the cold time.<br>thanks , if any one has a answer please let me know soon

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I doubt you will get an answer here, as we do not have any members who have more than a single European Starling. There is a forum for people who keep Starlings, called Starling talk. There is also a softbill forum in the UK, where you might get an answer, called Foreign Softbill Society UK
Just a guess, my answer would be to stick with one species in an aviary that small, unless they are finches.

Status
Not open for further replies.