• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are my birds from the same clutch?

icecream

Sitting on the front steps
I adopted a pair of lovebirds from the local shelter a few months ago. They were 9 months old and the shelter had the exact birthdays for the birds so there might be a chance that they are from the same clutch. They said the birds were surrendered because of illness of the owner. It's been 4 months now and they have started mating! If I see eggs, I'll give them dummy eggs instead of letting them hatch. Can anyone tell me, just out of curiosity, by looking at the mutations/color, will I rule out the possibility of them being from the same clutch? Thanks!

Attachments

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:heart: :heart: I'm afraid I can't help you other than to say that those have got to be the cutest little feathered sherbet popsicles I've ever seen. :xflove::xflove::xflove:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Birds in a clutch get different combinations of the DNA of their parents. My blue quaker had all green siblings. No real way of knowing if they are siblings

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh. My. Goodness. :heart:

Cuteness overload! We demand more photos. :D

No way to know. If you don't want to breed them (the shelter probably has a rule about that, right?) toss eggs or refrigerate eggs or shake up the eggs.