• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Are Linked Photos Working For Everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The past two days, any linked photo (externally hosted like on photobucket) anyone posts, I just get a little x. Be it in signatures or posts, including my own.

I was just waiting it out, but now I'm curious, am I the only one experiencing this?

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Some of the photos are not working for me also.:( I am also using a new computer - so not sure what the problem is.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Log out and back in. Clear your cache. See if that helps.:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's almost certainly on your end. If you are running any kind of a "security suite" from the likes of Norton or McAfee (which it sounds like you are because this is a typical problem with it), they are notorious for blocking legitimate content. The software causes more problems in all areas than it fixes.

A linked picture would be considered a "third party" link and one of the things that has a high likelihood of being blocked. Turn off or uninstall the suite and try again.

The software is so bad that uninstalling it might not even work because it mucks with your system so badly. It never truly uninstalls with the built in uninstaller and leaves junk behind. You will need to go to the softwares sight and download a dedicated stand alone removal tool to get rid of it completely.

Truth be told you don't need that crappy software. A good lightweight anti virus software (like Eset NOD32) is all you need. Getting infected has more to do with surfing behavior than anything else.

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I actually almost always surf on my phone, which is where this is happening, and I admit John I thought it probably was my problem but wasn't sure how I'd managed it haha

I'll try clearing my cache Carole :)

Thank you both for your time, and I agree with you about the virus junk, John! I never really understood how some people manage to always have virus'...Dodgey content is pretty obvious...if something doesn't sound right, it simply isn't!

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Logging out and in, and clearing my cache hasn't worked :( I've checked my browser and AA settings incase I accidentally changed something, nut that's not the case.

I don't have any software stopping the images as I don't have virus software on my phone.

Sooo...I'm lost :l
All images hosted on the site work, it's only externally hosted things, including my own photobucket stuff :/

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
With a phone who knows? You could try installing a different browser or Tapatalk and see if it works then.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
i had a problem with imbedded videos a few weeks ago. i knew it was my comp but couldnt figure out why. somehow it self-corrected a few days ago.

do you ever power off your phone? i know i rarely turn mine off. maybe if you power it off and let it sit for a min or so. then power it back on? its worth a shot.

Lauren

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Sometimes that happens on both my iPhone as well as my computron.

It's usually something to do with the host website (ie: Photobucket). It's never happened on AA but on a car forum that I frequent a lot of photos show up that way, but the next day will be fine.

What browser do you use? I tend to see a consistency when I use Internet Explorer. Since switching to Google Chrome, I haven't had any issues

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Internet Explorer in my opinion is the worst one out there and frequently has problems with these types of things among many other problems.

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
It took about 1.5-2 weeks but it's fixed itself.

Goodluck too all others!

On my computer safari is my browser and I've never had a single issue with it (its a windows computer though)

Cyreen

I noticed some issues today with Photobucket, about the same time I received a notice for an Adobe Flash update. I know it's not my computer, it's clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.