• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aquarium to avoid feather destruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Judy does all her plucking while perched. There's very little she can't reach when she wants to. I think an aquarium would make the problem worse because they wouldn't have as much to keep them occupied. The only way I can guess it might help would be increased humidity. If that's an issue aloe or a humidifier might help.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Just the environment of noise, people, smells, floor plan, daily activities can make the big difference.

tpoduje

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Todd
Have you considered making little ponchos for the bird to wear to distract her from chewing her feathers. One bird here on AA wore ponchos to distract her from chewing on an open wound on her abdomen and it worked wonders for her and she allowed her feathers to grow back. The bird is Princess Ella and Ella has her own book and story and does children presentations now.

The poncho may help give the bird a distraction from feather barbering.
Good idea, I have seen Ella and we have someone in the rescue that makes ponchos like those for their Eclectus. Thanks for the suggestion, will see if we can make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.