• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

AquaLift self clean Whirlpool oven

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
heya @Clueless, how about calling Whirlpool to double check on the temperature and if there are fumes at all? Sounds safe to me, but get it right from the source.
That was an hour of my life I will never get back.

Phone call connected me to someone who obviously was not familiar with ranges and who couldn't transfer calls either.

Chat........well, I have a transcript but not much better.

I'm going with the aqualift convection slide in anyway despite the employees. I don't want a standard self cleaning oven in the house and at AquaLift's 200 degrees.....that's far better than the high heat one.

I'm hopeful the employees at Whirlpool are just overworked or understaffed.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Whirlpool Corp makes many brands, Contact Us | Whirlpool

See if any of these work, just be careful what the mat is made of that the messes get on.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I will only say one thing about convection oven.
I would never ever buy an oven without convection. They are just the best for almost everything.
Faster cooking. Everything in the oven will have the same results and you will see a big different if you bake.
Saves energy because you can use lower heat degree and also it goes faster.
And the sound has never bother me.

And about self cleaning, I have no experience of that, but when they say that something cleans it self... And no, I don't believe in ghost either.. :D

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Next question.......

Once the stove is here, how do I break it on while the birds are off premises?

I know I turn oven on (any particular temperature) but how long does it stay on for??? Should I run the self clean feature also?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Next question.......

Once the stove is here, how do I break it on while the birds are off premises?

I know I turn oven on (any particular temperature) but how long does it stay on for??? Should I run the self clean feature also?
Bump????

Stove is getting hooked up today.....

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Just run it on high for a couple of hours and you’ll be fine.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
convection is OK. I had to replace a double oven a few years ago, and I got one convection and one "old style".
The convection definitely preheats a LOT faster. I have to say I don't see a lot of difference in the cooking times.
The noise of the fan bothers me and the fan runs after you turn the oven off until the oven is cooled, so the noisy fan running annoys me because I try to listen to the radio when in the kitchen and the refrig already makes enough noise. So I tend to use the regular oven more but it's because of fan noise.
I agree. I don't see too much difference either.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Does anyone have one of these?

I briefly read that the self clean feature is 200 degrees with water? Would that be safe for birds since we generally use oven hotter than that?

@saroj12 @Macawnutz @JLcribber @Hankmacaw

Sorry, I'm just anxious.
I would be wary about buying something that is a long-term investment with a new untested feature. If it actually works, other companies would jump on the bandwagon. When I was building my house, I wanted a combination dryer/drying cabinet. Fortunately for me, it did not fit in the basement and now you never hear about them any more. An example of a good idea is Halo Top ice cream. It is a high protein lower sugar ice cream that tastes really great. And it is about 1/4 the calories as regular ice cream. When I went shopping yesterday, it looks like Breyer's developed a similar product.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I would be wary about buying something that is a long-term investment with a new untested feature.
Too late, already bought.

I figure I didn't want a ordinary self clean feature so this was a better alternative.

Most messes are in the floor of the oven anyway so the distilled water should soften the mess.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Well then you can let us all know how it works!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Just run it on high for a couple of hours and you’ll be fine.
How high, the highest possible?

I bought distilled water to do that process also while birds are off premises.

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
How high, the highest possible?

I bought distilled water to do that process also while birds are off premises.
Have you checked the manual. My oven manual gave instructions on how long / what temp to run it in on. Re the birds, mine are well separated from the kitchen, either in their birdroom or outdoor aviary. My self clean system is not the same as yours. It's never been used and the manual didn't say it needed to be run in. I don't think that is necessary.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Have you checked the manual. My oven manual gave instructions on how long / what temp to run it in on. Re the birds, mine are well separated from the kitchen, either in their birdroom or outdoor aviary. My self clean system is not the same as yours. It's never been used and the manual didn't say it needed to be run in. I don't think that is necessary.
I'm off premises with the birds. Wanted to tell husband......don't think Whirlpool has directions that I'm looking for.

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm off premises with the birds. Wanted to tell husband......don't think Whirlpool has directions that I'm looking for.
With my manual, this information was included in the part of manual dealing with setting up the oven for 1st use. You know, the part that talks about installing the side rails and the shelves, which usually come packed separately with the oven.