• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apollo is sick

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thanks for your wishes, all. Yes, I’ll be at the vets door as soon as it is open. I think he might need to stay with the vet for a while. I’ll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
They will help give him the care he needs. Please keep us updated, sending well wishes for the little guy.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I hope you got some care. The pedialyte would be fine @Love My Zons . It's not as effective as something like NV powder or Quik Gel, but for those who don't keep bird specific electrolytes on hand it can help in a pinch. It should be watered down, not given full-strength.

Vet care is even better. ;)

JapanBirdLover

Strolling the yard
Good morning all. Sad news. Unfortunately he did not make it through the night.
I’ve only been a member of this forum for a short time but please let me express how grateful I am for everyone’s support and advice during this time. As you can imagine I’m very emotional right now and it’s difficult to write so I’ll be offline for a while but thank you so much.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm terribly sorry that Apollo didn't make it. They leave a big hole in our heats when they leave.

Apollo is flying high and free without illness or pain.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Good morning all. Sad news. Unfortunately he did not make it through the night.
I’ve only been a member of this forum for a short time but please let me express how grateful I am for everyone’s support and advice during this time. As you can imagine I’m very emotional right now and it’s difficult to write so I’ll be offline for a while but thank you so much.
nooooooo :sad1: I am so sorry to hear this.

-NG

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm so very sorry. :sorrow:My heart aches for you.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am sorry you lost your little one. It's very sad, and know he's at peace now and flying free.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I'm so sorry to hear this.

JapanBirdLover

Strolling the yard
Thank you all for your messages. I only had Apollo for less than four weeks, though it feels a lot longer. Joined this forum just after he came into my life.
It must hurt a lot more to lose a little friend who you have been with for many years, but even after 4 weeks this hurts.
Now I wonder what happened? Where did he pick up the infection? Was it something I did, or failed to do? Something I fed him? Was he already weak? Thinking back the pet breeder where I bought him sold him very cheap, less than half the price that other places ask for a Linnie chick. Did the breeder suspect something? These questions will never be answered but my mind is just a confused blur right now.

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
Thank you all for your messages. I only had Apollo for less than four weeks, though it feels a lot longer. Joined this forum just after he came into my life.
It must hurt a lot more to lose a little friend who you have been with for many years, but even after 4 weeks this hurts.
Now I wonder what happened? Where did he pick up the infection? Was it something I did, or failed to do? Something I fed him? Was he already weak? Thinking back the pet breeder where I bought him sold him very cheap, less than half the price that other places ask for a Linnie chick. Did the breeder suspect something? These questions will never be answered but my mind is just a confused blur right now.
You can ask the vet for an autopsy here I think. If you suspect he was sold for very cheap, Machi (dark green male, at 3 months) was sold to me from a different breeder for 18000 yen for reference, as that was cheaper than I thought as well for such an uncommon bird kept here in Japan.

In any case, I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did everything you could, and Apollo was as comfortable as he could be in his last moments.:sadhug2:
Take your time to grieve, and I'd like to hear more about Chi and Fu, or about Apollo if it helps to talk about him, when you're feeling better!

Last edited:

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I am so sorry for your loss.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
So sorry to hear. :sad6: Who knows, it might be worth asking the breeder, but if you can a necropsy (animal autopsy) may help to figure out what happened. :hug9: