• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone want a slightly bruised GCC

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
If you think of it, 'tis the season considering where they come from. While we're freezing our patooties off here, they'd be in the middle of summer. I think that's ingrained in them though none are wild caught.

My alpha gcc Beni has claimed me as his and won't let anybirdy say otherwise. He'll stand his ground against sun Tikki's attempts to knock him off my shoulder and has actually picked fights on my shoulder. :backout:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Bocca GCC is masturbating on any part of my body he can get his cloaca on. Scatters any other birds that sit on me and bites when he doesn't get his way! Yes, it is breeding time in South America.... And Australia. Thankfully, I have fourteen tiels, so they just mate with one another and leave me alone.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Bocca GCC is masturbating on any part of my body he can get his cloaca on. Scatters any other birds that sit on me and bites when he doesn't get his way! Yes, it is breeding time in South America.... And Australia. Thankfully, I have fourteen tiels, so they just mate with one another and leave me alone.
I tell people that tiels are year 2000 parents because they take turns in taking care of eggs/a clutch. The gccs are 1950's, dad had fun, mom discovered this wasn't so much fun, eggs hatch, mom sits & dad's out partying (for the most part). If she's lucky, hubby will bring her food.

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh dear, I caught up on this thread after posting last night about Waffle's puberty behavior. Didn't even think about the seasons in South America right now. All I know is she wants to rub her tush on anything and everything she can find! Poor thing. Also very chompy the past few weeks. She bit me HARD while I was on a conference call today. I am learning lessons about when she can be out and how much of my attention she needs at any given time. :cautious:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
My little GCC, Nibbles, has been a complete witch the last few weeks. I think they are all conspiring to make me crazy. She's been stalking the blue crowns, who are almost twice her size. More than once I've caught her trying to pull tail feathers, and the other day she straight up took on Wasabi. She was on a branch above him, in his face, trying to bite him. I don't know if it's hormonal or what. She wasn't like this last year, but she's not quite 2 yet. She was so unpleasant that she spent the next day in her cage pouting.
Gccs do not stand down or run away - they must be hard wired that way. My gcc Beni will take on sun Tikki and Quaker JJ without mussing up his feathers. In fact, he's turned the tables on Tikki who used to knock him off my shoulder - now he does that to Tik and if Tikki doesn't fly away I end up with an out and out brawl on my shoulders.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Parrotlets are the worse about this. My vet once told me that they can live to 20 years but the average was 12. Most die from being sat on or have something sat on them, book or whatnot. They also so die from trying to fight the dog, cat, Macaw, CAG, Quaker, vacuum cleaner, WWIII...they are totally fearless but totally lack common sense as well.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I've come to the conclusion with parrots specifically that the smaller the body the bigger the bird attitude.

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think so. Hate to say it but I've met people who have that complex too. ;)
I worked with one of those. I'll take my little bird with her big attitude over him any day.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Jenks has been a down right butt head lately.
Nippy, charging, trying to regurgitate for me and doing the vent rub on a ton of stuff.
Tis the season poor little man just wants some lovin..Sorry buddy not going to happen..

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I've come to the conclusion with parrots specifically that the smaller the body the bigger the bird attitude.
mostly short men hope I didn't offend anyone:laughing7:

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
mostly short men hope I didn't offend anyone:laughing7:
No offense taken but you realize that us shorter in stature than all the taller ones around, need this attitude to control the tall one's who think they are better than us. :)

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
No offense taken but you realize that us shorter in stature than all the taller ones around, need this attitude to control the tall one's who think they are better than us. :)
My mother was 4ft 10.5 inches. That half an inch was very important to her. We called her "Short Sh*t". Her personality and heart more than made up for her size.

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I've work for both short and tall people and most were OK folks but the worse was a short guy. He had something to prove I guess as he came in with a chip on his shoulder the size of a Redwood. He had all the answers and didn't care what we knew and pissed off everyone in less than a day and by the end of the week he was gone. His replacement was a lady who was shorted than he was. BUT she knew she didn't know everything and the guys on the floor had been doing their jobs for years and would ask us what we thought. She offered support and did whatever she could to help and stood up for "Her Family" as she called us . In other words she was a very good supervisor. We were all sad when she got promoted to management and transferred to another plant.

The point is this. It's not the size outside it's the heart inside that makes the person...or bird.