• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone want a slightly bruised GCC

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Because I'm about to smack Cheddar across the room. Dodger, Tiel, starts raising a fuss and I look over and Cheddar is pulling his tail feathers. Cheddar has been cranked up to Full Ahead Frantic all day.

Makes me understand why people want snakes...at least they're quiet.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Because I'm about to smack Cheddar across the room. Dodger, Tiel, starts raising a fuss and I look over and Cheddar is pulling his tail feathers. Cheddar has been cranked up to Full Ahead Frantic all day.

Makes me understand why people want snakes...at least they're quiet.
Are you sure you don't have one of my gccs by mistake? I tell people that gccs are like velociraptors. One gets sent out to catch the victim's attention while the rest creep up from behind and hold on to tail & flight feathers. I've said they're like the naughty boys at school who pulled girls' pigtails in class. AND you might have noticed the "huh, what's the matter? I wasn't doing ANYTHING" look you get as well.

Reminds me of being @ a Kassabian child's birthday party back when James was about 1 or so (now 32). One of his cousins a year or two older, was throwing sand at him; I told said child to stop it. Turn my back & the brat is doing it again. So I went inside to the kitchen with all the moms who weren't paying any attention to their kids and announced loudly: "If someone doesn't stop that brat from throwing sand at other kids I will go back outside and smack him". Dead silence and then 1 mother made a beeline for the sandbox and the kid.

One half of the family believed in discussing things and not reprimanding; the other reprimanded and their kids knew there would be consequences. Out of 12 Kassabian grandchildren, our 4 are the only ones who've NOT been invited to leave a restaurant OR have been asked not to return.

Last edited:

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Omg. Zazu has been so bad lately! Infact I just picked up on of her tail feathers on the floor.. I assume she is melting because there is a lot of fuzzies about. I'm so happy I only have one GCC as having two of them... I dont know how people do it. All evening Zazu been running and running and exploring. I literally can't get her to hold still!

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
didn't take him long to get back to his being a stinker :chickendance:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
And I just pissed my pants laughing because my typo said my bird is melting. :rofl:
I kinda wondered about that part. Try 14 gccs in two separate flocks (and cages) - 1 flock of 4 and the other of 10.

Oh he never stopped. Bernie said they had the hardest time getting him back in the cage after he got out.
I love my gccs dearly but they can be absolute little hellions when it comes to bed time. I know I have eyes in the back of my head and though I'm losing my hearing I can still hear SOS calls from the fids. Meu Deus do ceu! Haja saco! (A little Brazilian stuff thrown in there) There's an expression in Brazilian Portuguese that translates to "when you mention the Devil his tail shows up" (quando falo do diabo aparece o rabo) - a pretty good description of living with gccs (though I wouldn't trade or sell any of them for love or money).

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I know what you mean, Cheddar will just about fight to the death rather than go to bed at night. BUT he has gone in without a fight the last two nights...I might need to take him the the vet, he MUST be sick! :laughing6:
Farlie's been going to bed early, on his own, this past week. :think1: Like 7:30pm when lights go out at 8:00pm. He was sitting on my finger against my cheek last night and wanted to 'go home' so I let him at about 7:15 or so and he went right straight to bed. I just sat there looking at him... :jawdrop:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
We won't go there...
You're lucky your Tielish Ones aren't breathlessly whistling while doing the naughty ... It doesn't help in my flock that when the tiels are "getting happy", Quaker JJ will start saying "ow, ow, ow, ow".

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Gosh, I hope not. I only have one bird... :embarassed:
Oh you'd be surprised! From personal experience, my first Quaker, Kiwi (RIP) would get happy with a hollow rubber bird toy ball with nubs on it and a bell inside (did I mention it was purple).

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My little GCC, Nibbles, has been a complete witch the last few weeks. I think they are all conspiring to make me crazy. She's been stalking the blue crowns, who are almost twice her size. More than once I've caught her trying to pull tail feathers, and the other day she straight up took on Wasabi. She was on a branch above him, in his face, trying to bite him. I don't know if it's hormonal or what. She wasn't like this last year, but she's not quite 2 yet. She was so unpleasant that she spent the next day in her cage pouting.