• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

anyone own a bissell spotbot carpet cleaner?

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
more specifically this one..

BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology, 33N8

I am always weary on using chemicals in the bird room because of fumes. anyone have one and use it in their bird room? my carpet is shot.. looks like hell :hehe: to be fair it's my two chihuahuas fault more than the fids, but I can't get rid of the stains bc I am afraid to use chemicals.

I plan to change to laminate flooring but i haven't been able to afford it yet. so while i save up, this might be a good alternate option.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
I would like to know this as well!

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
No but I would like one!

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have one. :) I don't use it in the bed/bird room because I have hardwood in there. :)

It doesn't smell very strongly, but I'd always be cautious with any cleaners.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's an excellent little cleaner. It's a spot cleaner though and wouldn't be very effective to shampoo an entire carpet with it. The hose and wand works nice also. I've used that to clean up car seats. If I had to use it for the birds area I would use a vinegar/water/soap solution in it for cleaning instead of the Bissell Spot Shampoo.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
It's an excellent little cleaner. It's a spot cleaner though and wouldn't be very effective to shampoo an entire carpet with it. The hose and wand works nice also. I've used that to clean up car seats. If I had to use it for the birds area I would use a vinegar/water/soap solution in it for cleaning instead of the Bissell Spot Shampoo.
thank you karen and Au :D :highfive:

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Any thoughts as to if you'll get it?
I think by March when I recover from all the holiday expenses I will. It's around 120 dlrs. The one thing that makes me unsure though is I need this for the bird room, and I don't feel comfortable in using the chemical (or whatever spot cleaner) comes with the machine so basically I would be cleaning with the same stuff I am now, only difference would be the machine. I don't know if that would make any sort of difference.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Good logic. :)
Could you put down one of those plastic carpet protectors?

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I have one I/we tried on a few high traffic areas and it left beautiful clean circles in them. It didn't smell bad at all and didn't seem to be noticed by Dobby and we used the soap that came with it. It truly is only good for spots. Bottle says pet and family safe when used as directed. Obviously if your carpet is already dirty it will make awesome clean circles but if it's otherwise clean it will clean up the stain. The separate hose is nice for pulling up spilled drinks and drying out the cleaned area better than the machine does on its own. It has a regular clean and a deep clean cycle that works longer to pull up bad stains. We need to run the regular carpet cleaner over the living room and high traffic areas where all the dark traffic spots are then rug would look new again and the spot cleaner would work better. Follex works very well manually to clear up sudden spots you notice and should work well in conjunction with any carpet cleaning machine as well. I have used it to hit small stains and usually with a bit of work they disappear and it's also pet safe.