• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone in the impending hurricane cone/outskirts needing any last minute supplies >>within

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
As they say to prepare for ourselves and our loved ones..............

If anyone needs anything if you live along the south east coast corridor, I will send 2 day and cover the cost difference to get it to you by Thursday. Any orders that come in tonight or tomorrow and tomorrow night will process Monday night Tuesday morning all shipping Tuesday before noon.

Just incase anyone cannot get to a store, or needs something in lieu of this storm that can have major impacts to the southeast, please PM me here or email me info@kazoobirdandcompany.com

Everyone stay safe! :besafe:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That is an incredibly kind offer. I hope everyone is prepared.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
yes.. that was an extremely kind offer. If anybody needs supplies get your orders in asap. It looks like this storm will have heavy impact on North Carolina as well as South Carolina but remember ... the path extends for many, many miles. Intensity is gradually picking up and they are predicting it could stall before hitting the coast. This means it will strengthen and once it hits land there will be heavy rain for hours which in turn will lead to flooding. This is the time to pick up essentials, gas up and have a plan to evacuate with pets. Be sure to have a water tight container to store your bird foods in and ready to go.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
And don't forget to load up on human snacks too! If the power goes out and there's nothing to do because you have to stay inside things get pretty boring. Eating is my option.... I'm loaded with gummy bears and mars caramel bars. Highly unlikely those will survive before any bad weather hits though... might have to make another run to da sto fo mo...

And... a good play list to listen to...... the weather channel has THE dreariest music. Ach...

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Ooh, gummy bears!

Yes, canned stuff, tuna or canned chicken, veggies. If you have a grill make sure your propane tank is full.

If you have well water like us, fill a bathtub to flush toilets. Our fridge will be fine, TV okay, internet thanks to unlimited data on our phones and Thankfully we invested in a generator years ago!

Lastly, he safe and plan NOW.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a kind offer. We will thinking of all of you in the path of the storm.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
We don't have a generator, and only flip phones so if we lose power I won't be posting. The SC Safehome program called this am and cancelled the appointment tomorrow to inspect the roof. I have one other appointment to cancel and will be paying some bills early in case mail is held up. A lot to think about. The direction is pretty much the same but the speed has increased from the original 6mph to 13mph. .. is now 130 wind speed bumping it up to a cat 3. Today is a busy day. Even if it doesn't hit here it's going to be nasty... still watching!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We don't have a generator, and only flip phones so if we lose power I won't be posting. The SC Safehome program called this am and cancelled the appointment tomorrow to inspect the roof. I have one other appointment to cancel and will be paying some bills early in case mail is held up. A lot to think about. The direction is pretty much the same but the speed has increased from the original 6mph to 13mph. .. is now 130 wind speed bumping it up to a cat 3. Today is a busy day. Even if it doesn't hit here it's going to be nasty... still watching!
From the look of the current track it seems as if it's still on course for Wilmington. But as we know this can change!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
From the look of the current track it seems as if it's still on course for Wilmington. But as we know this can change!
Yep.. they still can't determine landfall location because as you know it can change course and still come in south of Wilmington. We are only 130 miles south of Wilmington so we'll still get a beating if it stays on it's current track. That's the first unknown, the second is whether it will stall before landfall and gain more strength in the warmer waters.... even going up to a cat 5. So, we'll see. Once it hits land it will slow down and just dump loads of water. Tomorrow we will be boarding up in preparation and likely staying here. The highways will be bumper to bumper tomorrow with the mandatory evacuation and once you leave, they will not let you come back in.