• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone have a Rock Pebbler/Regent Parrot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
If you do, I would love to hear about them. Specifically, I would like to know about what you feed. Thank you!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I don't know of to many on here, I believe there may be a handful, if that.
What do you mean a handful? You mean as far as temperament? I have read that they are outgoing and social. I just got one here, a rehome, he is very interactive, but is not used to being handled. I just started clicker training him.

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Lol no, I'm sorry for the confusion. I meant there may be a handful, as in a few, rockpebblers on the board :). I know nothing of there temperment, sorry.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I guess not, I was actually quite suprised when I saw you rescued one because I don't think I have ever met anyone with one before, but I figured someone on the board for sure would have one but I guess mot...

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I've never heard of one. What do they look like?:) Is this a bird from Australia...maybe we had a pic in Stevo's Aussie thread? Do you have pics of yours?

Last edited:

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
I've raised one in all my 20 bird years...A rock pebbler named Mrs. Peabody, she was much like a tiel in temperament, out going yet skiddish at the same time.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I played with one at a local pet store. It was so sweet & so cute looking! Such a BIG body & TINY head :heart: Gorgeous lil one, though. Aww so sweet....ooohhh...I kind of regret not taking it home with me! Its gone now :(

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I will get pictures of him today or tomorrow. He is really GORGEOUS!! Yes, he has a kind of big body and little head:) His name is Papaya and he is kind of shaped like one :lol: He is fearful and will bite, but I am clicker training him, starting to, and he will eat baby food from a spoon, mashed squash from a spoon, egg from my hand, so he can do that.

AubieBird

Checking out the neighborhood
Just joined Avian Avenue today and saw this post. I have a regent parrot, Tilly, that I adopted 2 1/2 years ago from a friend who no longer wanted her. She also got Tilly from another family. I don't know how old Tilly is, but have known her about 5 years. She is a one-person bird....me! She will go to my daughter sometimes and then again she may take a chunk out of her finger and will not go to anyone else, unfortunately. She eats just about anything, but I feed her only what is healthy for her....veggies and fruits, cooked pasta and rice, seed, nuts, pellets and a few treats every now and then. A couple of funny things that she does.....calls out her special sound when I drive up the driveway in my car and jumps down off her cage and follows me around the house from room to room like a dog. She can wolf whistle and is very jealous of my cockatiel. Looks like there is at least one other AA member with a regent parrot....Tilly says hello to Papaya! :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.