• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone have a double stcked cage suggestion?

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
I have been searching for a double stacked cage but cannot find one that fits my (or the birds) needs for the life of me. My conures are in a 30"x30" cage and its great but I need to buy a larger cage for the lovebirds. Unfortunately my new space doesn't have enough room for another big cage. The lovebirds don't mind being on "low" ground. They actually love wandering on the bottom of the conure cage and hanging out in the lower half of the cage. A double stack cage would be the solution to my problem, but alas, I cannot find one that I like. My birds are only locked in their cage for about 2-3 hours a day, excluding bed time. They don't necessarily need a huge cage because they spend most of their day on the playtops and stands.

Here is what I'm looking for:

- metal grate
- not too tall
- white

preferably:

swing out feed doors

stainless steel dishes

shelf

atleast 30" wide but the depth needs to be smaller in order to fit through my doors. My 30"x30" cage does not fit through my doors and it makes cleaning 10x harder. This is another reason why I want a new cage.

Right now the only one that I have found that I like is the Pali Place bird cage : https://www.amazon.com/Double-Pali-...2AEG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

and the A & E cage co double stack cage w/ playtop however it seems a bit small : 2422-2 Black - 24''x22''x64'' Double Stack Cage with PlayTop

Thoughts? Recs?

Please and Thank you

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh that would be perfect except it wouldn’t fit through my doors :( I need a cage that can squeeze through my bedroom door so that I can take it outside to pressure wash it. Cleaning is a hassle with my current cage (30”x30”) because it also doesn’t fit through the doors.
Sorry! Missed that part

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Those are so nice! Hard to choose...

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
Here's a really interesting one.
It's not white and doesn't come with shelves. Shelves can be added easily.

It hits all the other boxes tho.
It has the swing out steel bowls enough for multiple types of food.
It's over all height isn't that tall.
It has the metal grates.

Your birds would still have the 900ft² of cage spacing that they have now so it wouldn't be a down grade for them, while now letting you get it out of the door way.
Your losing some depth and your getting some more width. 30x30=900 and 25x36=900.

Amazon.com : Mcage NEW Large Double Stackers 1/2" Bar Spacing Heavy Duty Breeding Breeder Parrot Aviary Bird Cage 10026 A : Pet Supplies

ADDED 2nd cage

Again wrong color but its basically the same as the 2nd one you posted but a little bigger with smaller bar spacing.
Total Cage Size: 30" X 24" X 74". Each Cage Dimension: 30" x 24" x 26"
Bar Spacing: 5/8"
Amazon.com : Extra Large Double Stackable Decker Bird Cage - 30" X 24" X 74" Black Vein : Pet Supplies

Last edited:

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Awww shucks! I already placed an order for the Pali place cage before getting a chance to see all these new wonderful suggestions :facepalm:

@iamwhoiam I actually had the avian adventures multivista in the past but I didn’t like how tiny it was so I ended up getting rid of it. If they made them a bit bigger I would definitely repurchase. The A&E flight has plastic trays unfortunately, and the no feed doors is gonna be tricky with my cage aggressive lovebird.

@yasha2802 wow that first cage looks wonderful! I’m going to go measure my space to see if 36” will fit and if it does I might just return the cage I ordered :rolleyes:

Thank you all for the suggestions! I really appreciate it! I’ll post an update once the the cage gets here and if I decide to return and go for the Mcage instead.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope things work out with the Mcage but I would be cautious purchasing from Rowland Direct Wholesale. They have an F Better Business Bureau rating. See if you can find a cage that is being sold by Amazon or at least fulfilled by Amazon in case there are issues.

yasha2802

Strolling the yard
I also think if you already ordered a cage it my not be worth it to try returning it. You said the birds are in it for only a few hours so I'm sure the cage you got will work just fine.
I've used very similar ones in the past, in fact my family owns 3. Ours maybe the A&E 32x21 double stack flight cages. It more like them then one you have but I'm not really sure the brand. They were ordered years ago at a local pet supplies store.

Missek4Ferio

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana Nam
I actually have the cage pictured in the second one with the playtop, houses all 3 of my birds. My DYH uses the bottom while my IRN and GCC uses the top. quality is decent bars are also thick enough to handle bigger beaks like my amazon.

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
I also think if you already ordered a cage it my not be worth it to try returning it. You said the birds are in it for only a few hours so I'm sure the cage you got will work just fine.
I've used very similar ones in the past, in fact my family owns 3. Ours maybe the A&E 32x21 double stack flight cages. It more like them then one you have but I'm not really sure the brand. They were ordered years ago at a local pet supplies store.
You’re probably right. I have someone coming to pick up my current cage after the new one gets here (she inherited a grey and is in need of a decent cage), so I might just keep it as I won’t have anywhere to put the babies temporarily if I’m waiting on a reorder.

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Cage arrived today. We set it up but i didn’t get to snap any pics after filling it with toys and perches. I think I’ll keep it. It’s pretty nice, the only thing I don’t like is that it’s a lot more delicate than the last cage. It couldn’t hold up a pretty heavy java perch, and one of the bars snapped. I fixed the broken bar but now I have to buy more perches that the bars can handle. The birds like it so far. Lovebirds are still unsure about being in a new cage, so I’m going to let them warm up to it before officially moving them in. Echo, Olive, and Kale were very excited about moving in. I’ll snap some pics as soon as I can! I have a hectic schedule tomorrow so maybe on Friday.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cage arrived today. We set it up but i didn’t get to snap any pics after filling it with toys and perches. I think I’ll keep it. It’s pretty nice, the only thing I don’t like is that it’s a lot more delicate than the last cage. It couldn’t hold up a pretty heavy java perch, and one of the bars snapped. I fixed the broken bar but now I have to buy more perches that the bars can handle. The birds like it so far. Lovebirds are still unsure about being in a new cage, so I’m going to let them warm up to it before officially moving them in. Echo, Olive, and Kale were very excited about moving in. I’ll snap some pics as soon as I can! I have a hectic schedule tomorrow so maybe on Friday.
Thats too bad. Sounds like the bar gauge is pretty thin or the bar wasn't soldered correctly.

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
The bar gauge isn’t nearly as strong as the last cage but that particular bar wasn’t soldered correctly. Another thing I don’t like about the cage is the grate. If removed, there is a gap between the bottom of the cage and the tray. I haven’t measured it but it looks like it might be wide enough to be unsafe for the smaller birds. Here are some pics of the cage set up. The lovies have officially moved in! I also bought some stainless steel dishes which I secured to the side “breeder” doors for swing out food dishes. I’m still waiting on some small java and grapevine perches to arrive so I can redo the inside of the cages. E8C7E207-CDFD-4680-8CFA-EE36FF2E3C66.jpeg 560B704F-0280-42CD-97C4-4FED5A69292B.jpeg 1D3844B2-21AC-4F03-AC68-FD6DBF69AB4A.jpeg FD3368FA-3670-468A-9847-9A3BD3B335C7.jpeg