1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone familular with Derbyan Perekeets?

Discussion in 'Other Parrot Lane' started by becdimarc, 3/9/18.

1. becdimarc

becdimarc Meeting neighbors

Welland, ontario canada
    becky dimarcantonio
    Hello, i am new to the aviana fourm!
    last year we lost our beloved conure and it has taken a while to be ready to start looking around for a new feathered family member!
    someone had contacted me and said they had baby derbyan perekeets ready for the end of may, so i started to do some research, only to find i cant really find very much on them!
    i can find like a breed info basically, but nothing from people that own them as companian birds or have own them in the past!
    im very intrigued by them but i cant to get all the knowledge i can to make sure it is a good fit for our family!
    so if anyone can help me or send me in the right direction i would be so very thankful!
  2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

3. Milestone

Milestone Sprinting down the street

They seem like Indian ring necks. They like to chew a lot and can be loud. They aren't really interested in cuddles and are very curious, so a lot of entertainment is necessary. Cute though, very beautiful looking birds. Oh, and of course they are expert talkers typically.

You probably know all that. I'm sure someone who has one will respond soon.
    Lady Jane likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)