• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anybody want a kitten?

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
My mom and her boss found a kitten who was stuck under a bush crying yesterday. My mom brought her home so that she wouldn't freeze or get eaten by something. We think she was dumped by someone. I am not quite sure how old she is. She is tiny, but her eyes are open and she can walk on her own. I bought kitten formula and have been bottle feeding her. She gets really happy and starts purring when she eats, lol.

Due to our current living situation (living with other people, ugh) we can not keep her. She has already caused major conflict. I need to find a new place for her to live quickly. I don't want to just give her away to someone and risk her getting used as snake food. I don't really want to take her to a shelter, but that might have to be the case.

Would anybody in the Central Florida area like a little kitten? She is so precious, I adore her! Or if you know of anyone who is looking for a kitten, please let me know. Any ideas would be appreciated as well.

IMG_0403.JPG

Last edited:

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Poor baby. It was so great that you took her in. I can't take her but wish you luck finding her a home. Maybe if you don't have luck here someone can point you to other sites that might be helpful

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Poor baby. It was so great that you took her in. I can't take her but wish you luck finding her a home. Maybe if you don't have luck here someone can point you to other sites that might be helpful

Thank you. She is a little sweetheart! Yes, if anybody knows of another site/forum I could ask on that would be wonderful!

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Thank you for saving her! It is unfortunate that she can't stay with you, but I completely understand that situation.

1) Look into local rescues. Especially because she is a kitten, they might be willing to take her into their foster/adopt program and most do a very thorough screening to ensure that the cat gets a good home :)
2) Post her on Facebook, and ask people to share the post! That will help get the message out to people in real time
3) Is there anyone that could "foster" the kitten until a more permanent housing arrangement is found? So many cats are put down at shelters/animal control. Even though she is an adorable kitten, and probably stands a chance at getting adopted, I'd rather avoid that route if possible!

If I wasn't all the way up in snowy MN, I'd gladly volunteer as tribute :D

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you so much for taking her in:heart::heart: I hope you find a good home for her soon!

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She is adorable. I hope you find a place for her soon.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
If only I were closer! She reminds me of a little kitten who passed named Tuxedo. :heart:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Who doesn't like a kitten. Your sweet and kind.

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank you everyone for your encouragement and advice. I will check out those links, thank you! Making a post about her on facebook is a good idea. I will try that too! I want so desperately to find her a good home.

My mom and I are thinking she is about 4 weeks old. She was acting very playful after we fed her a little while ago! She loves attention. She will make a wonderful kitty friend for someone! She does have fleas, which I am going to try to take care of tomorrow.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Aww, she's cute, you should have no problem finding her a home

Do people often use kittens as snake food from where you're from? :scared3:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww, she's cute, you should have no problem finding her a home

Do people often use kittens as snake food from where you're from? :scared3:

Not just there! Where we are from too! :mad:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
...... That is crazy. :scared2: I've hear about small rodents being fed to snakes, but never kittens.

That's why it's not recommended to give small pets away unless you are absolutely sure they are going to a good home. Usually a rehoming fee deters the reptile people looking for free food.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
That's why it's not recommended to give small pets away unless you are absolutely sure they are going to a good home. Usually a rehoming fee deters the reptile people looking for free food.
That's... very good to know. :gag: Should've known that people would lie like that for free 'snake food'.

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Update on kitty. We were getting really worried about her because she hadn't pooped in the 4-5 days we have had her. I tried so hard to stimulate her, but was having no luck. She finally pooped on Saturday, and I have never been happier to clean up poop! That seemed to get things going as she did it again yesterday, and will hopefully go again today. I put her little poop in a small litter box in the back of her cage and she has been peeing in it instead of on her blanket! Such a smart baby.

I have been introducing wet kitten food along with her formula and she is taking to that well. I am exhausted from having to wake up so early to feed her, LOL.

I really need to find a home for her. Major heat is being put on me! I posted her on facebook, no takers. My mom has been asking her patients and I asked people at my barn. No body wants her! We did find a no kill shelter that will take her, but that is going to be our last resort. I really want her to go to a nice home.