• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anybody know where to get an Alexandrine in Texas?

JulietRose

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juliet
I live in southeast Texas and I’ve been having a hard time finding anyone selling alexandrines, I’ve been thinking about getting one but I feel like nobody sells them. Does anybody knows a place I could get one (it doesn’t have to be a baby, but preferably already tame) that is priced reasonably? (everywhere seems to price them unreasonably high near me) I’m totally willing to buy one from someone who has owned it a while and wants to rehome or a breeder, and maybe a rescue, and I would be fine with driving a few hours or having it shipped! :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Have you checked Kijiji or the equivalent for your area? Many of our members have acquired their birds from that site and other sites similar.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
JC Aviary breeds them. As for price, in the last few years the prices of almost every species of parrot has skyrocketed.

JulietRose

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juliet
Have you checked Kijiji or the equivalent for your area? Many of our members have acquired their birds from that site and other sites similar.
I’ve checked, sadly I haven’t found any.