• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any suggestions would be greatly appricated

Status
Not open for further replies.

EkkieBaby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
is there any good websites that you use on a reg. basis for ekkies? as far as for info, talking to other ekkie parents or another place that I could try to find one that needs a loving home ( i am in the PA area and willing to travel to MD/DE area as well)... I only ask because I want to learn as much as I can I have been researching the breed for awhile and just feel like there is an untouched source out there that I could really learn from so I figured I should ask
:hug8:

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
What questions do you have, I have a friend that has a female ekkie I'm sure he'd be willing to answer. What kind of birds have you had before.

EkkieBaby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
I really dont have questions, I am ready to adopt one or a bonded pair... I have had smaller birds cocktails, parakeets, ringnecks etc

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Oh I read that wrong then sorry! There are a few members on here that will talk to you about them. Not sure where you could find a pair. Occasionally I've seen one or two in the rehome section. Or try the ebay kijji

sodakat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
There is a large membership that receives emails from TEC (the eclectus connection) hosted by Caroline Swicegood, owner of the LOV website. You can subscribe via a link on the main lov.com web page. I know a couple people found their eclectus this way.

Also, you should join the yahoo group called Eclectus Pet Owners Group for knowledge. This is a small group so there are not of birds that come available, but you will make good connections and friends here. Less likely to be given an Eclectus from this membership but they will help you find one, or a pair.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
There are many rescues in the area - Jojo the Grey (PA) and A Helping Wing (NJ) are a few that come to mind. I am not sure what is going on with The Bailey Foundation at this point.

EkkieBaby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amanda
Sodakat ,I have already joined both but thank you. Kathie the issue I find with most rescues is because of my age they do not want to adopt to me...... which is sad, so I am hoping to find one to adopt or I am going to have no choice but to purchase one from a breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.