• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any other adult Quakers out there that still quake?

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Lately Blu has been prone to doing a tiny head quake almost every time my fingers goes to touch the top of his head.

I could be totally wrong but I think it means he is super happy and bursting with love.

My old Quaker who passed also quaked his whole life. I thought that was unusual but now that Blu does it too, I have to wonder just how common it is for adult Quakers? And what does it mean? Is my instinct right that it's a positive thing?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Nope! Bobber never did with me and Jingo stopped around the 8 month mark

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Kiwi, my avatar, did when she first came home but nobody else has. Polly Parrot, the newest Quaker (adopted, 20 years old, blind), sometimes does some head bobbing but I've considered that it's to do with her being blind.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thanks for responding, Sanda!

Just to elaborate, Blu's head quake is so minute it's not like a genuine baby quake but more of a less intense version,and he only does it once, when my finger goes in front of the top of his head. It's sooo cute! I tried to video it but he won't do it when I have the camera. I will try to get it on video, hopefully, one day.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Last night I took this video. The first couple of seconds was what I considered a little quake but then he realized I was recording and didn't do it anymore

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I have never noticed Wally quaking! Its been 2 years since I found her, but the only thing that comes close to looking like that is when its mating season and she will bob her head and flutter her wings ;)

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thanks for responding Jennifer! It might be a hormonal thing cause I think this just started recently.

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Ralph never has quaked since I've had him, but he still does the head bob, which isn't quite the same as quaking. Ralph nods his head as a human would-- to answer yes to a question, to say that he likes something or agrees with what I've said. :D

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Just saw this post now, Some of my Quakers still quake, Precious is the oldest at 17 years, and she still does this . I guess its a Quaker thing lol

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
Hi, I’m new to the site. Only bird I have now is Boo, a 12 y/o Quaker male. He bobs his head a lot, mostly to questions. Sometimes I get an occasional ack and bob when I tell him something he wants to hear. He doesn’t Quaker, but bobs a lot.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
And finally Diane, you find out that you was not alone! :D
And it feels good!:)
Thank you, JT!

Hi, I’m new to the site. Only bird I have now is Boo, a 12 y/o Quaker male. He bobs his head a lot, mostly to questions. Sometimes I get an occasional ack and bob when I tell him something he wants to hear. He doesn’t Quaker, but bobs a lot.
Welcome to AA! Your Quaker is so cute! My first Quaker, who passed away, used to bob when I talked to him too. It's the cutest thing! :fairy2: