• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any kitten experts?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie pie. Norris makes me think of Chuck Norris. That is a real fighter.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I am so happy seeing this miracle unfold before my eyes. He is looking great- and you are the reason for that. :)
Thank you, I appreciate that sentiment my friend. It’s also my mom, she takes care of him while I’m at work and she does a great job.
He has been a little miracle, he’s so strong it amazes me. He’s really helped me too.

And some more kitty pictures from after his feeding tonight.
B43EA6B2-FCDF-4C91-9073-B061D823BD27.jpeg 286EF519-698D-4287-A3D8-8C674F213B33.jpeg 45C909D0-C5CE-4FBC-AB54-6E22943D9D45.jpeg AB3757C1-BDD1-4EB8-99DE-91635F1D9843.jpeg 1706D2D8-B3AD-44E0-ABB5-BC4DD21E5B09.jpeg

Last edited:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
New studies concerning urinary blockage in male cats indicates neuter before five or six months of age doesn't allow the male urethra to grow to its largest diameter and is a factor in the disease due to the removal of testosterone growth factors.

My vet recommended and I agreed not to neuter my male kittens until they turned six months.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
New studies concerning urinary blockage in male cats indicates neuter before five or six months of age doesn't allow the male urethra to grow to its largest diameter and is a factor in the disease due to the removal of testosterone growth factors.

My vet recommended and I agreed not to neuter my male kittens until they turned six months.

I’d heard about the urinary track issues but I had no idea that it had to do with neutering them. I’d heard that feeding the boys fish was bad for them. Thank you, this is really great advice.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Penny is about 265 grams so no caw but she's the biggest bird I ever had...

I have not really seen that small of a kitten since I snuck under the porch as a child to see kittens. I even took one to bed one night but it had to be least 6 weeks...

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Penny is about 265 grams so no caw but she's the biggest bird I ever had...

I have not really seen that small of a kitten since I snuck under the porch as a child to see kittens. I even took one to bed one night but it had to be least 6 weeks...

Oh wow, that’s pretty solid. Tibs is 115g and Sam Axe is around 1400g. I held a Pionus since Sam is not a fan of being held and the weight was pretty surprising. I wondered how big Hawkheads were. Is Penny as big as she’s going to get?

Yeah, same. Even with all of the abandoned barn cats and kittens, Dario’s size is different for me. All of the other cats my family and I have had have all been older than this guy. I would never have taken on a kitten this small if I didn’t think the situation was so pressing. I don’t know how people go out and purposefully buy unweaned animals. When I first weight him at 143g it was a startling awakening.

He was 202g post feeding/elimination this morning - so he’s catching up to Penny, lol.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Such a cute kitten! He's very lucky to have you!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Thank you, I appreciate that sentiment my friend. It’s also my mom, she takes care of him while I’m at work and she does a great job.
He has been a little miracle, he’s so strong it amazes me. He’s really helped me too.

View attachment 317272 View attachment 317273 View attachment 317274 View attachment 317275 View attachment 317276

View attachment 317272 View attachment 317273 View attachment 317274 View attachment 317275 View attachment 317276

I like the way he's lying back and just chilling in that one photo. LOL!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Such a cute kitten! He's very lucky to have you!
Thank you!! I’m glad things are going so well with him.

I like the way he's lying back and just chilling in that one photo. LOL!
Lol!! He loves to lay back like that, it’s too funny.

This is awesome. LOL

He's turning out to be quite a handsome little guy! Looks like a tiny tiger!

Lol!! It started with my first plant, and I haven’t stopped.
He’s starting to actually look like a cat! :) I love his little stripes, I can see more light stripes coming in on his arms.

D142F8C9-5DB6-479E-A1B5-086A6279CEF5.jpeg 02511614-CA06-462C-B1A6-D722EA7193A1.jpeg E19E4F3D-7F57-4765-9EFE-062B28549D12.jpeg

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
You are a natural at this- that little guy is thriving! He still has those cute lion cub ears.
Thank you! I’m trying my best, he’s up to 230g—almost 100 grams more than when he first got here. His ears are too funny. He looks really scruffy because he has long hairs growing in all over him, I’m thinking he might be a medium/long haired cat.

These pictures make me smile. You are doing a great job with him
I’m glad he made you smile! :) He certainly does that for me. And thank you. I appreciate that.