1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any kitten experts?

Discussion in 'The Cat Tree' started by BeanieofJustice, 10/9/19.

1. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    Found her alone outside near the road.
    @GoDucks
    D52D47E2-FF67-4417-A708-DE86653AF4E1.jpeg 3F02F67E-5380-4568-AA0C-5E2ADB00D1B4.jpeg 18B9E116-64F9-4053-8469-E10D02180259.jpeg

2. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Awww she’s quite young and very cute.

Look at them looong toes :heart:

Rain Bow, GoDucks and BeanieofJustice like this.
  3. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph

She’s so little it scares me, I’ve gotten her to eat and helped her bathroom. I just couldn’t leave her. (Not sure if she’s a she but I’m rolling with it)
    I’ve rescued a few cats in my time never this small. My mom will feed her while I’m at work.

4. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    Possible to take her to the vet to get her checked out?
    She is so little.

5. GoDucks

GoDucks Meeting neighbors

Jamie
    You are such a caring and compassionate person, my friend. I can't imagine what the baby would have gone through if you had not come along.

Her eyes have not yet opened so she must be under seven days. Newborn kittens open their eyes between 7-10 days.

You will have to keep her warm because kittens that age can not regulate their temperature. I would suggest a heating pad set on low and a blanket or towel on top of it

She looks relatively healthy, both her weight and her coat look good. She is going to exhaust you a little with her constant feedings, set about 2-3 hours apart.

Bless your heart for saving her.

Last edited: 10/9/19
  6. BeanieofJustice

Steph
  7. GoDucks

Jamie
    She looks amazingly healthy. She's a nice size and her tummy looks full. Mom cats sometimes move their babies around and that might have been the case here.

8. BeanieofJustice

Steph
    She’s 153g and I’m seeing my vet on Friday at 4. They’re overbooked but fit me in.

My friend who I was with kept saying maybe it’s fate. Either I’m keeping her or my friend who was looking for a kitten will take her. I wasn’t raised to leave a critter that seemed like they needed help.
    I’ll block off my kitchen, which is already partially done anyway. I’m scared with her being so tiny.

I bought one of those heartbeat stuffed animals, microwaveable heating pad and batteries hopefully those will be here soon.

Thank you, this makes me feel better. We spent some time trying to find mama with no luck. Everything I’ve read after I got home said I should have left her because mom could’ve been close by. But, I’m hoping I can give her a better life or find her one than a stray cat. The area I found her in is a poor one with many strays.

9. BeanieofJustice

Steph

Yep! They squeezed me in on Friday. They didn’t have anything sooner and that was the best I could get.

10. GoDucks

Jamie

Oh, I am so glad that you took her in, mom may, or may not, come back for her and anything could have happened to her, especially being so close to a road. Warming a water bottle works too, but I always preferred using a heating pad because that way it doesn't cool off.

11. BeanieofJustice

Steph
    C56FBEB2-0319-4B78-8650-6E939A47D865.jpeg 95088338-1F00-422C-984E-C3910FDD07AF.jpeg
    I didn’t know, but I know what can happen if a helpless animal is left alone outside. We looked for mama but she was too stealthy or who knows.

12. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna
    What a cutie!! :heart:

I have no advice but just wanted to send some :hug8:

Peachfaced, Rain Bow, GoDucks and 3 others like this.
  13. BeanieofJustice

Steph

Thank you! :)

14. BeanieofJustice

Steph
    9E9D0CF5-F75C-49D2-9CB6-0D5361B6FC5A.jpeg
    Came back in after feeding the horses and she’s snuggled up and sleeping.

Leih, Peachfaced, sunnysmom and 6 others like this.
  15. redindiaink

redindiaink Walking the driveway

If they're under two weeks old you will have to wipe their bottoms (perineum) to encourage them to eliminate feces and urine because they don't know how to do it on their initially, and will have to keep it up for about four weeks, or until the kitten can eliminate on their own.

sunnysmom, Rain Bow, Shezbug and 5 others like this.
  16. Yoshi&Raphi

Yoshi&Raphi Rollerblading along the road

Raphi
    :eek: She’s adorable. :heart: So glad you rescued here :hug8:

17. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Will she suck from a bottle with nipple in it?

18. BeanieofJustice

Steph
    Thank you! I got her to eliminate twice, once after each feeding. How often are they expected to poo? I'm keeping records of everything.

Thank you!

Yep! She ate 4ml earlier when I got her home (around 4:30ish) and she just ate (around 7) and she ate around 5ml. I read that the max was 6ml per feeding but if anyone chimes in knowing better, I'm totally open.

19. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

I think you’ll find the mother cat usually gives them all a stimulating bum clean after each feeding to encourage them to go. Not sure how often other than feed times though.

20. redindiaink

redindiaink Walking the driveway

At least once a day.

Rain Bow and BeanieofJustice like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)