• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Any answers-terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Littlebird survived the 1 and one half hour surgery. The next two days are touch and go as a white cell count of over 100,000 indicates sepsis. She did show interest in eating and the vet thinks her attitude is good. She survived so far with two enormous fistula tracks and peritonitis . Guess that expression- tough old bird -describes Littlebird.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
best wishes for little bird and LOTS of prayers:heart:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor sweetie. I hope she has a full and safe recovery. Hugs to you. I know how hard it is to have a sick bird.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
she will always be in my prays:hug8::hug8::hug8:

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Prayers for you and Littlebird on the way!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Oh My God Daria. I am praying my head off. Hugs to you, I can't imagine how worried you are.

Ginger

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Oh wow Daria I am just now reading this! What a trouper Littlebird is. How observant of you that you noticed it right away. You know yourself that unfortunately so much damage can be done by the time anything is showing clinically sometimes its hard to pin down why it happened. I'm glad you got an answer for that (the Baytril) and know for future reference. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Littlebird!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Prayers for a full and speedy recovery :hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh this is horrible! I hope she is ok!!!:hug8:Many prayers coming her way!:hug8:

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Thanks. It's very reassuring to get encouragemant from devoted parrot owners. I have a very good friend who actually thought I should be donating to help sick children instead of "wasting" a lot of money on a bird. I'm not angry at her because if she ever experienced the joy of having a bundle of feathers say "I love you" she would have understood the bond between parrots and people. Fortunately, my daughter, the vet, has been calling every few hours with Littlebird updates as Littlebird is at her animal hospital. I'm going to take an Ambien ,something I never do, so I can get some sleep tonight as I know that white blood cell count is almost incompatible with life.

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
I am so sorry that on top of everything else you had to deal with an insensitive friend.:(
I have gotten that kind of remark too, in the past. I always say that my pets are part of the family and of course I will spend the money on them.
Try to get some sleep...Littlebird is in good hands.

Sigrid

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
We are all pulling for Little Bird

I have a very good friend who actually thought I should be donating to help sick children instead of "wasting" a lot of money on a bird.
I get that a lot too :( from others and in-laws.
We all have our passions and its okay if birds/animals are one of them.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Daria, I am pulling for the little one. It is a lot to overcome but she has come this far. Just being at the vet for hydration and nourishment can make the difference. Thank you for the update.

Peggy

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Daria, keeping good healing thoughts/prayers coming in for Littlebird! What an ordeal for her to be going through but so glad she is responding....Many hugs coming your way!:heart::hug8:

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Littlebird is hanging in there. Dr. Z took lots of operating pictures as I'm sure she will present this case at some avian conference. Her skill as a surgeon is quite remarkable. One fistula was 3 inches long and the repair very involved.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Littlebird is hanging in there. Dr. Z took lots of operating pictures as I'm sure she will present this case at some avian conference. Her skill as a surgeon is quite remarkable. One fistula was 3 inches long and the repair very involved.
Daria, I am located in the Miami area and am following this thread very closely. I'm so sorry that Little Bird has suffered this complication and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that skillful veterinary care will pull her through this. She has been through so much (and you too)!

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
Loved your video! especially the caique. You're welcome to visit the wild flock any time you are near Coral Gables although this time of year I'm down to about 4 wild b&g visitors.

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
So sorry to hear lil bird is going through so much. I hope they get to the bottom of what is happpening. Healing thoughts and prayers with you and your little one. Please keep us up to date as to what you find out. Hug's Barbie and Isis

Status
Not open for further replies.