• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Any advice please

Beccah

Moving in
Real Name
Rebecca
Hello I have a 2 year old English budgie and he has plucked out his feathers off his wing to the point where you can see his skin on shoulder area and it looks a bit swollen. I am making an appointment for him this week but I was wondering if anyone might know something about this

Attachments

Beccah

Moving in
Real Name
Rebecca
I have a 2 year old English budgie he is plucking out his wing feathers to the point where you can see his skin I will be taking him the the vet this week but I was wondering if anyone had some advice?
Thank you

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
That's an odd spot to choose to pick...so something is up

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
You can get a clean new mini spritz spray bottle, and add a few drops if betadine to water for a light water down tea color, and spritz the area. It won't hurt anything, might help a little as it has anti microbial properties. Not a replacement fir vet care of course

Could have injured it, does he live with other budgies?

Beccah

Moving in
Real Name
Rebecca
You can get a clean new mini spritz spray bottle, and add a few drops if betadine to water for a light water down tea color, and spritz the area. It won't hurt anything, might help a little as it has anti microbial properties. Not a replacement fir vet care of course

Could have injured it, does he live with other budgies?
No it’s just him. I rescued him and he was in bad shape he got better and now he’s doing this !

Beccah

Moving in
Real Name
Rebecca
He’s eating and drinking and pooping like normal . He sings moves around and flapping his wings at times

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
How long have you had him ? What was his situation before?

Beccah

Moving in
Real Name
Rebecca
How long have you had him ? What was his situation before?
He was never handled or trained he was severely dehydrated and the vet gave me antibiotics for him wasn’t drinking at all singing only a little and sleeping most of the time. I seen him and took him from my friend straight to the vet and I kept him . Tried training him when he felt better but he is so afraid of hands so I stopped ! He’s in good spirits singing away seems happy it’s just this wing I’m worried about