• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another janday?

ShannonLB

Strolling the yard
It's been just over a week that I have my bird but someone recently offered me another! They need to rehome due to allergies in the home..if I where to keep the birds separate would they still be trainable?
Would they stay tame even if they had a friend? I'm torn I don't know what to do :( i hate that there is a bird in need

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
First question: are you in a position to take another bird in? Are you able to handle the additional housing and vet needs? Are you going to be able to deal with it if it turns out they hate each other? Is adding another bird on top of the one you have just added going to negatively affect your quality of life and/or your existing/developing relationships with the people and animals already in your life?

If after answering those you feel you do want to add another, then by all means consider it. But the relationships and needs you already have need to come first. There will always be more people/birds/etc in need and none of us can take them all. If coming to you is not going to be the right answer maybe you can help find another suitable home.

ShannonLB

Strolling the yard
I was luckily able to find the little guy a home :) I definetly can provide for another but I just got my jenday so I really want to work on that relationship first,I just didn't want the other bird to be out in the cold so to speak :) but everything seems to have worked itself out .
Thank you for your reply.