• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Another Air Fryer Discussion

B!rdMom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Heather
Hello Friends,
I am new to this forum. We have three cockatiels, technically all rescues.

For Christmas we were gifted a Ninja Air Fryer oven (model SP101). We have not used it yet because of my concerns about hazardous materials that could be in the device or the accessories. I have attached pics of the model and some Internet screenshots of inquiries into the components. Overall it appears to be safe, but there doesn’t seem to 100% assurance of this. I’ve included info from an Amazon Q&A section for this fryer, as well as an article from early 2023 which features a our exact model.

I also called Ninja customer service but unfortunately there was a language barrier between us and so I didn’t get a clear answer that way.

I checked the other threads in this forum and I don’t see anyone specifically mentioning this particular model (please correct me if I’m wrong).

I just want to know if this is a safe device, and especially if others are and have been using it. We love our babies too much to take any chances. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It's so frustrating. I gave mine back despite hurting feelings of my dad who wanted this to be a special Christmas for me. I hated hurting his feelings so very much, so very much ..

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Try to hit them up on Twitter if you can. I have yet to come across a company that doesn’t answer on there. It might take a few tweets or direct messages, but it should work.

B!rdMom

Real Name
Heather
Try to hit them up on Twitter if you can. I have yet to come across a company that doesn’t answer on there. It might take a few tweets or direct messages, but it should work.
Thanks for the information.

B!rdMom

Real Name
Heather
It's so frustrating. I gave mine back despite hurting feelings of my dad who wanted this to be a special Christmas for me. I hated hurting his feelings so very much, so very much ..
I’m afraid of the same thing.

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I checked Amazon's Q&A....
1704244402199.png

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I hope that's true. Ive gone round and round with companies,only to find out 3rd party sourced parts are,parts they use to make their darn products

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I understand how you feel. I stayed away from all airfryers until I recently found one that was stainless. All baskets and trays stainless as well. As far as I could see there was not coating or plastic. I plugged it up outside to degas because all new appliances emit gas the first few times they are on. I looked really hard for the one I chose. I even feel better using it than my regular oven because the regular oven may emit some gas

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Some of them have been recalled. There is a list on the net. I use mine ok but no longer have birds. They do get very hot in use. The heat come out of the back.

MochiRed

Moving in
I find that for my own peace of my, if you have any doubt, just use it outside or in a seperate area like the garage. We still use our non-stick air fryers, just way outside in the open air. A cheap extension cord and a patio umbrella is way cheaper than the stress of wondering if something’s going to hurt my baby. Outdoor cooking is honestly quiet pleasant, and has the benefit of keeping the bad smells of cooked fish out the house too :p