1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Animalwonders Montana and PDD

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Sarahmoluccan, 9/1/18.

1. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Biking along the boulevard Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah

I dunno any of you watch AnimalWonders or are familiar them but as you'll see in the video one of their birds has tested positive for the Avian Borna virus. I feel so bad for them. I'm glad they are still really dedicated to all of their birds.

I remember the days you couldn't test for it too. And only doing a necropsey could you be sure. It's so hard no to be paranoid when it comes to bird diseases
    :sad9:

hrafn likes this.
  2. Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mary Lynn Skinner
    Good video. Easy to understand and not horribly scary.

Sarahmoluccan and hrafn like this.
  3. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Very intelligent presentation .

Sarahmoluccan and Hankmacaw like this.
  4. aooratrix

aooratrix Macawaholic Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    I thought the test was unreliable. Has their been an advance in the testing?

5. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Biking along the boulevard Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah
    Here's an update for those who are interested

6. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Super Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

I love watching Jessi on Animal Wonders, she puts information across in such a way that is always easy to understand and she keeps things interesting. How sad to hear of her birds being positive for ABV. Hopefully they stay healthy and don't end up with PDD.

Sarahmoluccan likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)