1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

And now, what to do? Weaning...

Discussion in 'Cockatiel Corner' started by Lillemor, 10/10/18.

1. Lillemor

Lillemor Strolling the yard

Baby (nearly 8 weeks), and Mini (7 weeks) are still getting fed with formula 3 times a day.
    Feeding times are 8 am, 2.30 pm, and 9 pm.

We chose to feed so often because they both are small birds, and they both had a periode with a slight weightloss. The last two days they both started gaining weight again.

They are not especially hungry at 8 am. (2.5- 5 ml)
    They eat a fair amount at 2.30, but are more interrested in playing and flying, than eating. (5-6 ml)
    They are very hungry at 9 pm! (7.5 - 8 ml)
    They eat seedmix, vegetables, boiled eggs in addition to formula.

Based om this I guess it's about time to change the feeing schedual again.

But what is the best way to do this? Is it best to move breakfast, and give the first meal around noon, and last meal at 9 pm as usual, or is it best to feed morning and evening?

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Lillemor likes this.
  3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I generally dropped the mid-day meal first but it really depended on the birds and how much they were eating at each feeding and/or which feeding they may have started totally refusing.

Max83 and Lillemor like this.
  4. Lillemor

Lillemor Strolling the yard

Thank you both. :)

I guess I just have to keep on adapting to their individual needs, and see what workes best for them.

Max83 and sunnysmom like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)