• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

And another two

Status
Not open for further replies.

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Today I went to one of the local pet stores to get some food and I wasn't smart and looked at the reptiles. WEll I brought home to more lizards that were absolutely pitiful. They were just a bag of bones and both are missing part of their tails and one of them looks like it is infected.:mad: They are a butterfly agama and an emerald tree skink sadly they also had them both together when one is a tropical lizard and the other is a desert dwelling species. They also didnt have them on a proper diet and their water was disgusting. I know I shouldn't be supporting a store like by buying their animals but I couldn't help it I couldn't leave them there to suffer and slowly die. I don't have my camera now but I will trry and take some pictures with my phone tomorrow once they have settled in. I am just really irked now...

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
That's so sad they were keeping them like that. Good for you for rescuing them. I hope you at least asked for a discount considering they weren't healthy specimens...

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Here is the butterfly agama. He isn't doing too well right now I am hand feeding him because he wont eat on his own. Also as I was doing this I noticed he has some mouth:( I am not sure he is going to make it with the mouth rot, not eating and his infected tail. I am just going to try and make him as comfortable as possible and hope he pulls through.
GetAttachment.jpg
Here is his tail.
GetAttachment1.jpg
Then here is the green tree skink. Hi is in alot better shape then the agama but has a way to go before he is in tip top shape.
GetAttachment2.jpg
And then here is his tail.
GetAttachment3.jpg

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for taking them in :hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
aww the Agama looks so ill :(

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
He is I am worried he may not make it through the night. He hasnt moved all day but he did put up a fight when I fed him which is a little bit of a good sign.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
He is I am worried he may not make it through the night. He hasnt moved all day but he did put up a fight when I fed him which is a little bit of a good sign.
aww I hope he makes it, his face looks so sad :(

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
aww I hope he makes it, his face looks so sad :(
It almost look like they broke his will to live it is just so sad.
It was really pathetic the way he had been kept there water was disgusting and they were in a mixed species enclosure that was a huge disaster tropical lizards with arid lizards big lizards with small lizards. And they started out with 3 of both species I got and I am 99% positive they died. It is just a sad sight to see.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: He's supposed to look like this?

Attachments

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
That is an adult but if he survives and he is an actual he then yes he will look like that. But he shouldn't look as dark as he is now he should have a little bit of orange to him not just a dark body.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That is an adult but if he survives and he is an actual he then yes he will look like that. But he shouldn't look as dark as he is now he should have a little bit of orange to him not just a dark body.
beautiful!!!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Yep if I can get them both to pull through they will have some amazing coloration.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Awh! Im so glad you brought them home! i hope they do okay!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
The tree skink decided he wanted to give me a heart attack and hide from me this evening. Thankfully he was just very well hidden.
6.jpg

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
know absolutely nothing about these little creatures, but feel so glad you managed to try and save some. What can be done to stop the store from doing this? Anything?

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
There isn't a whole lot that can be done. They have already had many accusations against them yet nothing has been done. They have been inspected and nothing done. It is just sad and depressing to me.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:mad: It makes me soooo MAD seeing any of the beautiful animals we are blessed with having on our planet being treated like that :mad::mad::mad:

Thank you so much for taking them in and I do hope they'll get better under your care! :hug8:

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
The butterflu agam was a bit more active today so that is a good sign and I got him to eat quite a bit too. I just need to get all of the infecion out of him and a bit of weight on him and he will be perfect!

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
*Update* Well neither one of them are doing near as well as I would like them to be doing. I have been having to hand feed them both since neither are eating any foods being offered to them. The skink isn't drinking and been getting really dehydrated so I have been mixing pedialyte in his formula when I feed him to help with that. Then the agam is doing even worse. About all he will do is eat when I hand feed him and then he just sits in his cage where I put him and doesn't move hardly at all. His mouth rot looks a little bit better but still has quite a bit to go. And his tail I have a feeling he is going to be losing a piece of it. It is starting to look like necrosis has set in. This just makes me so mad that this store was actually selling them:mad:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I missed these last couple updates :eek:

oh no sorry it's not better news!!

Status
Not open for further replies.