1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

An odd love triangle

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Lwalker, 6/11/18.

1. Lwalker

Lwalker Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Lori
    Cocoa struck again. After a half an hour of scritches and cooing, lying on my chest, I put her on her chair and went to put Cricket to bed, across the room. As soon as Cricket stepped up on me, Cocoa launched across the room and landed on my face, latching on to the bridge of my glasses and cutting me between the eyebrows. I got her off and she happily went into her cage and started beak grinding. She was not wild this time but I did connect that both times she launched at me, I had left her and I was paying attention to Cricket.

I have felt bad for Cricket as he doesn't get as much of my attention since Cocoa came but then again he has Watson and they are so close. He gets a cuddle every night but doesn't fly to me anymore unless I am giving Cocoa scritches so I have to be very careful. Shooing him away breaks my heart. Cocoa actually backs away from him-not that I let them get too close.

Well, you don't have to bite my nose twice! I think I am in a weird love triangle. I am Cricket's mom (Watson is clearly his mate) but he was my baby and the green-eyed monster doesn't forget. I don't know exactly what I am to Cocoa but I am not supposed to be paying attention to Cricket. That's for sure.

So everyone is in bed now, chatting away to each other and I have the frozen peas out again...this time on the bridge of my nose. Big meeting at work tomorrow, hope it doesn't turn purple.

2. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    Oh man, you're in a very PAINFUL bizarre love triangle!

Right now, my Quaker is in heat and is acting somewhat similarly in connection with my Senegal. I have to keep them separated as my Quaker will aggressively beg the sennie for food and also squawk up a storm if I pay any attention to the sennie. Because of this, I've been spending time with my Senegal in a different room during play time so as to not incite this behavior.

3. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    I'm so sorry! :( Could you put up some kind of curtain or divider so she can't see you interact with him? Or move someone to another room? Kind of like how some birds get stressed if they see you cleaning their cage?

Or if it's only at night, maybe a smaller sleep cage for Cocoa in another room?

Lwalker and TikiMyn like this.
  4. Lwalker

Lwalker Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Lori
    Because I work I have limited time for them to be out in the evening but everyone used to get four hours. Now I may have to split that between them I guess and make up for it on the weekend.

faislaq likes this.
  5. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Weather Authority Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    I'm having an unrequited love affair going on between Elvis the 'too and Nanday Buddy. Buddy keeps building nests and making ga-ga eyes at Elvis...and Elvis runs over and puts his head down so Buddy can preen him, while all the time COOING at him...:heart2: :wideyed:

Lwalker, Tiel Feathers and TikiMyn like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)