• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon roll call

What species of zon do you live with?

• Blue Front

Votes: 41 27.7%
  • Bondinus

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lilac Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Mealy

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Mexican Red Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Double Yellow Head

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Yellow Shouldered

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Panama

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • White Front

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Red Lored

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Other (in case I missed someone LOL)

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Yellow Nape

Votes: 23 15.5%

• Total voters

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am shocked only 3 yellow shoulders on AA I was sure there was more , I beleave Mango was the first many yrs ago,,lol
I am not sure about in other countries, but in the US they are not as common as some of the other amazon species that have brighter colors, and/or are better talkers.

Matt

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
I'm thinking about getting a zon I found but the lady doesn't know it's type. I asked if it was a blue front and she said no...help View attachment 210067
That is most certainly a blue front. Looks to be a bit younger of a bird too. Lady doesn't know what she's talking about.

This is my (adult) blue front. See the resemblance? Not all blue fronts have lots of blue.

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

madison nicole

Walking the driveway
That's what I thought! Haha but she got the bird out of a trade and so she didn't know much to begin with. I think I'm gonna get him :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I am not sure about in other countries, but in the US they are not as common as some of the other amazon species that have brighter colors, and/or are better talkers.

Matt

Matt from what I have read they are hard to come by any where and are the smallist of the AMAZONS Mango is a very clear talker when he wants to talk
and as for colours his tail and wings are like a rainbow . and a great disaposion,,lol

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
The happy companion to a beautiful blue front here ...now if she only thought so :D

KevinSmithESQ

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kevin Smith

This is Jujube, my Yelow Crowned Amazon.

This is Nikki, my Blue Fronted Amazon.
Jujube is extremely temperamental and hates me, and Nikki is super sketchy and scared of me, or anyone for that matter haha

Last edited:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

KevinSmithESQ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kevin Smith
@Clueless
I've only had them about 6 months. They were fostered with a friend, who had them for nearly 2 years. The original owners fell off the face of the earth, and she wasn't able to get in contact with them. The elderly couple was in pretty rough shape, so she thinks the old fellow passed away, because he had severe COPD, and couldn't walk more than a few feet without needing a rest. So almost 2 years later, I got them.

Last edited:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I just love zons....

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Kevin, do you have any idea how much your Yellow Crown weighs? I have a female, Abigail, and she's a complete sweetie pie but is HUGE! I think we've got her weight down to about 550 now? We also have a Blue Front, Iris, a Yellow Head, Amarillo, and a Lilac Crown, Nibbles...all girls.

KevinSmithESQ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kevin Smith
Kevin, do you have any idea how much your Yellow Crown weighs? I have a female, Abigail, and she's a complete sweetie pie but is HUGE! I think we've got her weight down to about 550 now? We also have a Blue Front, Iris, a Yellow Head, Amarillo, and a Lilac Crown, Nibbles...all girls.
She's a big girl. I haven't had her to the vet yet. I just didn't get a chance to get her there before we moved. I'm in the process of trying to find a vet that isn't 3+ hours away, but it looks like that won't happen lol. My guess would probably be in the 550-600 gram range. She's quite the beast compared to Nikki, who I would guess is between 460-480 gram range. But that's just a guess.

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I casted my vote, though not completely fair! I now have an OWA to rehome, but i consider keeping him!