• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon cages

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I apologize because I know there are loads of posts about cages but I am looking specifically for one that would be a) available in Canada, b) suitable for an Amazon and c) relatively economical $500-600ish. Can anyone offer suggestions with brand names and pictures and can any Canadian vendors order cages for customers?

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is your Amazon on the bigger or smaller side? I'm wondering if the AA Mediana would be big enough for him.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's a pretty economical cage:
PARROT CAGE DMT01_Parrot cage_Glitter Pet Supplies - Mississauga Bird Cage and Bird Supply wholesaler and retailer

They're located in Mississauga - not sure if you can head out that far. I think the quality is similar to A&E, which is neither great nor bad.

If you want a better quality cage, there are Kings Cages, but it's $750 and smaller:
Playtop - Kings Play Pen Bird Cage 36 W X 28 D X 71 H 8003628 - Kc - 8003628 - Large - Parrot Cages and Carriers
Dometop - Kings Dome Top Bird Cage 36 W X 28 D X 67 H 9003628 - Kc - 9003628 - Large - Parrot Cages and Carriers

They're in the St. Jacobs area, I think.

And then there's that Mediana I was talking about, but not sure if it might be on the small side:
Playtop - Avian Adventure Cage
Dometop - Avian Adventure Cage

They're in Mississauga, but they have free shipping on their AA cages.

Hope this helps.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
He is around the 405 gm mark I think so on the plus side of medium
Thanks so much @JosienBB
I really like the fact the Mediana is longer rather than higher.

Last edited:

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
It's probably too far west for you, but I bought a Superior Line at Parrot Trends (23x32) in Calgary. It's was bought for Bailey an older DYA, but has been more than adequate for my younger/somewhat active perch potato.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Thanks @redindiaink ! the prices there seem good and they ship so I will take a closer look.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
If you want very reasonable but OK quality this is the cage I got for Lurch that Dobby now uses https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SMC25E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's of course made in China and I have seen many copies of it on eBay for a very good price as well. A bit thin and all that but the bowls have been great and he can't tip them, it's easy to clean and change out the bowls without reaching inside. I'm sure somebody in Canada sells it or hit eBay IF you think it's good enough. I haven't had any issues yet and I got it in 15.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Make sure you get a cage with bowls that are accessible from outside the cage. Always stay safe.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My BFA and my YNA are both in Mediana play tops. I might have gone up to the next size if I had the space but these have worked out for both of them.

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
A13 Grey – Elite Pets Inc.

I am wondering about this one. It is advertised as medium but is actually deeper and wider than their large cage, just not as tall. Price looks a bit too good to be true (?)

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
The interior height bothers me, and because of the design I wonder how much useable interior space there would be for an Amazon. The interior height of Bug's cage is a very roomy 45", but the cage that Fern came with is 30" high, and even though she isn't, she looks hunched when she sits on her roosting perch.

Tracieb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tracie
Avian Emporium has a 4th of July Sale going through July 9th. 24% off sitewide, including cages. The promo code is AE24OFF. They have pretty competitive cage prices when they are not running a sale. Home My recommendation is to go with as large as a cage as you can and general not smaller than 24" x 34" with 3/4" to 1" bar spacing. I also like the dome top cages, my birds don't seem to care if it is a play top of a dome top and they make as much use from the top of cage either way. The only issue with the dome top is if you are short like I am and they decide they don't want to go to bed. I have to get a step stool to reach the back of the dome peak on most of my cages.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm not fond of corner cages. I do recommend the Mediana cage. The powder coating was the best out of all the cages I have ever had. Very easy to clean. @Mizzely has that cage and I think she liked it as well.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm not fond of corner cages. I do recommend the Mediana cage. The powder coating was the best out of all the cages I have ever had. Very easy to clean. @Mizzely has that cage and I think she liked it as well.

I ADORE my Mediana! :heart:

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Both of our cages are A&E and Ive been more than happy with them. Lucy is 491 gms and is in a 40 X 30 and Miss Birdy is 379 gms and is in a 32 X 23. I like how the feeder doors are, you dont have to put your hands in the cage to change the bowls and that they cant dump the bowls. Ive had both cages for over 3 years now and no problems with them at all.

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
I got a great SS cage from Prevue Hendryx for $565 US on Wayfair. I don't know if they deliver to Canada, but delivery is free.