• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazing Gyms from Nature's Bird Perch and Toys

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love them all! I'm getting the 4 level playstand for Nala as soon as I can. Thank you so much for sharing her incrediable creations!

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I love it! She's reasonably priced too! :D But, she doesn't ship? :unsure1:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Those are awesome...
I see bird cages in the one picture...I've been reading on here about separation of birds & products...does she make & sell, pkg, or ship from around her birds?
How much of a safety factor is that in buying products...cause honestly I had not been aware of that before reading it here.?

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I know she goes to bird fairs in northeast Ohio. I wanted to get a couple of things from her and pick them up at a fair. So whenever the next one is, I could pick them up for others also and ship them? It might be expensive though due to the size of the items. I would do my best to pack them carefully.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I love it! She's reasonably priced too! :D But, she doesn't ship? :unsure1:
She absolutely does ship! She shipped our orb to us :)

Those are awesome...
I see bird cages in the one picture...I've been reading on here about separation of birds & products...does she make & sell, pkg, or ship from around her birds?
How much of a safety factor is that in buying products...cause honestly I had not been aware of that before reading it here.?

I asked Peggy about this myself. She does NOT have a 100% bird-free space, and like many of our vendors works from home, but she separates her working area from her own birds, and also separates her products that she takes to bird fairs from her own birds. She is very careful about cross contamination and although obviously it's impossible to avoid 100%, she does try. For me personally I typically try not to shop from vendors who are home-based but had to make an exception for her amazing creations. Because of this, I give her pieces a "quarantine" of my own of a few weeks and also thoroughly disinfect. :) But, I know that I am typically on the more extreme spectrum of things and many people feel fine about shopping with home-based vendors, as many of our vendors on AA are home-based.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Gorgeous! Do they use ss hardware? :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Gorgeous! Do they use ss hardware? :)
She does if you request it (for a slight upcharge). :) All of my pieces have 100% SS hardware.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Oh, she does ship. Good to know. I didn't think she did.

When your item arrives you can disinfect it before bringing it in. If it is cold or you don't have a garage, see if you can leave it with a non bird neighbor or friend until you get a chance to do it.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Ok...thank you Coco... :) I appreciate it.
I never even thought about it when I got Ki's bottlebrush play gym from Wayne. That was 6 years ago, so I guess I had the luck of the ignorant! Now, I am learning to be more proactively protective, but not believe every opinion that crys wolf..... ;)
These are really, really nice....I'm starting to look at how to create an up-in-the-air play space for Ki, even tho he uses the whole apt for his plaything *sigh* :xflove:
I'll bookmark her site. I like to buy from small businesses. I like the solution of disinfecting & keeping separate. I dont know a lot, but I'm guessing that bugs have a certain lifespan, and that quarantine makes sure everything is dead? lol ew. :wtf:

Thanks for the info! :)

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia

When your item arrives you can disinfect it before bringing it in. If it is cold or you don't have a garage, see if you can leave it with a non bird neighbor or friend until you get a chance to do it.
I actually have a storage unit in the basement of the co-op. It would be easy to keep it there, 2 floors below us! I plan on ordering some F10 (I think I got that right).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
She does if you request it (for a slight upcharge). :) All of my pieces have 100% SS hardware.
good to know, thanks! Besides the orb what else did you get, may i ask? :D

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

That's exactly what I do. Disinfect and allow to fully dry in the garage, then keep in a separate room, separate floor, etc. for a while until I feel comfortable with it. :)

Ok...thank you Coco... :) I appreciate it.
I never even thought about it when I got Ki's bottlebrush play gym from Wayne. That was 6 years ago, so I guess I had the luck of the ignorant! Now, I am learning to be more proactively protective, but not believe every opinion that crys wolf..... ;)
These are really, really nice....I'm starting to look at how to create an up-in-the-air play space for Ki, even tho he uses the whole apt for his plaything *sigh* :xflove:
I'll bookmark her site. I like to buy from small businesses. I like the solution of disinfecting & keeping separate. I dont know a lot, but I'm guessing that bugs have a certain lifespan, and that quarantine makes sure everything is dead? lol ew. :wtf:

Thanks for the info! :)

I think it's important to know what potential dangers are out there... and then decide for yourself what the appropriate cautions are that you personally feel the need to take. :) I know I'm more paranoid than most, but it works for me so far, so I stick to it. As for bugs, she actually heat-treats everything to make sure that there are no critters left in her wood after harvesting!

good to know, thanks! Besides the orb what else did you get, may i ask? :D

I had one of the cute play gym sets with the monkey bars, a double swing set, and the jungle gym for Charles and Sabrina when Charles was live. But, I fell on it and broke them all, because I'm clumsy. :( They were really adorable and they loved the swing set in particular, though. Will have to get another set one day :D

Bailey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
Good to know about.the shipping! :D From her site, it sounded like she only drove to meet people, but didn't ship.

moonchild

Avenue Veteran
I love this stuff so much and the prices are very reasonable! Beautiful creations. How much was shipping on the orb if you don't mind me asking?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I love this stuff so much and the prices are very reasonable! Beautiful creations. How much was shipping on the orb if you don't mind me asking?
The label on the box says $10.05 :) It is a MASSIVE box, but it was very lightweight. The stands with the bases weigh quite a bit more.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
WOW, I LOVE EVERYTHING, IT'S ALL SO ORIGINAL, APPEALING AND GORGEOUS!!

greymatron

Real Name
Nicole
I have a gym from her. Wonderful customer service. :hug8: