• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

All of my birds must be sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchela

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melisa
All four of them have been having sneezing attacks! And, oddly, the sneezes sound just like mine and my daughers. Hmmm. It's allergy season, so we've had a lot of sneezing and sniffling and coughing in the house. Well, Ibby the Tag has perfected the sneeze and she does it over and over and over and over... the little ringleader has got all of them doing it now! She's even started doing an obnoxious snotty sniff at the end of her sneezing fits! Nothing makes you feel better when your suffering from allergies than being mocked by your parrots. :lol:

Last edited:

andor

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
:p

I can't tell you how many smoke detector batteries we changed before we realized it was Oscar making that annoying periodic tell-tale noise.

All four of them have been having sneezing attacks! And, oddly, the sneezes sound just like mine and my daughers. Hmmm. It's allergy season, so we've had a lot of sneezing and sniffling and coughing in the house. Well, Ibby the Tag has perfected the sneeze and she does it over and over and over and over... the little ringleader has got all of them doing it now! She's even started doing an obnoxious snotty sniff at the end of her sneezing fits! Nothing makes you feel better when your suffering from allergies then being mocked by your parrots. :lol:

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Ha ha :) It's too true, unfortunately.

I had Acute asthma, and in the beginning the sounds I made were nasty. Then Merlin mocked me EVERY time! So every 5 minutes it was Merlin reminding me how I sounded.

Also the ex who I bought Merlin with smoked, and one day came home and heard Merlin having a cough attack...he called me at work and asked if something was wrong. I spent most my time with Goofball (aka Merlin), and straight out told him that's what he sounded like. He quit for the first time then.

Great having a parrot who lets you know what you sound like :)

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Emmie CAG often does my ex-room mate's 'honking' sounding nose blowing sound. He always does it right after I sneeze or when he sees me pick up a kleenx. He is hilarious.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe::hehe:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Its the chesty coughs I love to hear as they are so realistic we even know who they are copying! So clever as we are not able to do it are we?

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
that is very funny. My Gizmo was imitating a frog the other day and it truely sounded like he was dying.

Quadriplegic

Walking the driveway
This thread made me laugh so hard that I cried haha or better yet my eyes got teary

pchela

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Melisa
Haha! It never fails to make me laugh when they start coughing and sneezing! I see lots of folks have similar stories. I hope they are as amused as I am with my birds!

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
That's so funny! Jessie used to sneeze, and then she would blow her nose. It was a riot!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Mango has my coughing down pat its so real my son said id never die
as long as Mango lives ,,lol he carries on for about 15 minutes and sneeze well ill sneeze about 10 times in a row Mango does it 20 times and repeats
so i told my son this way i wont be missed,,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.