• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alexandrine trying to escape from cage non stop

veronica2000

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Veronica Welke-Olmos
I find it really easy to post pictures from my phone. My favourite pellets are Harrison’s pellets, not sure where you are but get those if you can! Tropican and other unsweetened/uncoloured pellets are good too. Anyways here are some recipes, some I haven’t made yet, just found them online. Sorry about the looong message/weird format:

Chop recipes (just random examples, you can do anything you want basically):

Making and Feeding “Chop” mix to your bird

1c dry whole wheat pasta (cooked), 1 apple, 2 peppers, 1c collard greens, 1/2c raspberries, 1/4c almonds, 1/2c oats, 2tbsp sesame seeds

1c dry quinoa (cooked), 1 cucumber, 2 carrots, 1c arugula, 1 pomegranate, 1/4c walnuts, 1/2c barley flakes, 2tbsp chia seeds

1c dry black beans (cooked), 1 broccoli head, 1/2c cooked sweet potato, 1 pear, 1c kale, 1/2c strawberries, 1/4c pistachios, 1/2c amaranth flakes, 2 tbsp buckwheat hearts

Treat recipes/ideas:

1 The Pet Cafe, Recipes for Birds, Recipes for Parrots, Recipes for Cockatiels,
Recipes for Bird Foods, Recipes for Bird Treats, Cooking for Pet Birds>
<meta name="keywords" content="recipes for birds, recipes for parrots, cockatiels, bird foods,recipes for bird
treats,cooking,cockatiels, parrots,pet birds">

<meta name="description" content="Recipes for Bird Foods and Bird Treats for Parrots,Cockatiels and Other Birds,">
<META NAME="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE">

2 Recipes that Birds Love | Parrot Parrot

3 Cooking for Parrots - Making Healthy and nutritious food for your parrotsCooking for Parrots | Making Healthy and nutritious food for your parrots

Sweet potato Bird Bread:

Ingredients:
1 15 ounce can of organic sweet potato puree
2 c. brown rice flour
1 egg
Tumeric, ginger, and cinnamon to taste
Sesame, chia, and flax seeds
Optional ingredients:
Chopped cranberries
Walnuts
Other herbs and spices (I added a little crushed dehydrated dandelion)

Directions:

Mix tumeric, ginger, cinnamon and additional, optional dried herbs together with the brown rice flour. Add egg. Mix in sweet potato puree. Add any additional optional ingredients (chopped cranberries and/or walnuts).

Place sesame, chia, and flax seeds on a plate. Form dough into small balls, flatten, and dip both sides of the flat biscuit dough piece in seed mixture.

Bake at 350 F on lightly greased baking sheet for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.

Let them cool completely before serving. Divide into batches that will last several days and freeze those you won’t use within a few days (from Understanding Parrots)

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Th...guowtxq_EOFAnwRMTQSp16zE5fiHU2-AgMPeDiAIgzsfQ

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
It's hard to visualize what you are saying. Posting a picture would help. But without a picture I'm guessing you have plastic food and water bowls/trays with slide-up doors for them that can be pushed out if not clipped down. If that is the case try a binder clip to keep the sliding door locked closed so the bowl/tray can't be pushed out.