• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alexandrine Cage Aggression

Stormy

Sitting on the front steps
8 month old Cooper is starting cage aggression. I ignore his ruffled head, eye pining and biting. I say no calmly and carry on cleaning or feeding. His biting is not hard, more of a warning. If I give him my hand and say "come on" he stops the aggression and comes up. I'm concerned about him banging his beak off the cage. He hits it quite hard. He is healthy, happy and steps up, whistles, learning to talk. We are together all the time, he is out of cage most of the time. DSCN1084.JPG

LesBirdman

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Leslie Wessling
Since she started molting my little Lucky has been aggressive while inside her cage, particularly in the mornings. I just changed some stuff around and gave her cage a really good clean yesterday and placed some brand new toys in there to see if this helps her temperament some.

Is stormy molting? If you are in the southern hemisphere I wouldn't be surprised if you start to see signs of molting shortly as it is Spring after all and the first molt seems to be pretty extreme for a young bird. Like a teething child I guess.

All the best :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Quit sticking your hands inside the cage while he's in there. You're are invading his territory. I'd bite you too.

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Quit sticking your hands inside the cage while he's in there. You're are invading his territory. I'd bite you too.
This 100%. Some of my birds (not coincidentally my males) are fine with me doing cage house keeping etc while they are inside. My Blue Crown and only female has had to be removed for years before I put my hands in there. I can’t ask her to. Ignore her instincts to protect her nest. She comes out an sits on my shoulder while I change food and water.