• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Akri's Bag End - Bilbo and Frodo

Akrianna

Checking out the neighborhood
Den1.jpg

So, these are Bilbo (in the front - has ring on its left leg) and Frodo (in the back, has - has ring on its right leg), my two linnies :) I've got them since last Sunday, and they're adapting very well - they even eat from my hand and Bilbo also sat on it yesterday. They're brothers, 2 months old.

However, I have one question:
How do you do it with your linnie's feeding? Do you f.e. give them only fruit and veggies in the morning, and in the afternoon replace it with seeds? Because when I give them seeds, they can sit even for an hour and eat them - especially Bilbo, who doesn't even want to let his brother to eat some sometimes. Or do you let them eat what they want to?

moothepoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I give mine pellets and occasionally millet as a treat. Perhaps someone can explain it better than I do, but an exclusively seed diet is bad for them and pellets are the only complete/whole nutrition for them. I leave him with a teaspoon of pellets in the morning and a bowl of clean-fresh water. He usually finishes that by the end of the day.

P.S. yours are so cute. They look like my Birb (my avatar).

Considering their names, it will be fitting in a few years for you to get an African Grey that will be named, Gandalf the Grey.

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Linnies love to eat. Mine get a veggie chop type mix 2x a day. He will happily eat for an hour, sometimes 2 hours straight. He just takes his time, and occasionally will take a nap with his face in the food dish. They are the sloths of the parrot world lol.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i :heart: your birds

Sukibird

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
My 2 boys get a dish of veggies every morning and they also have a small cup of a seed mix and a dish of pellets, they always go for the veggies first, in the late afternoon I may give them some apple or broccoli.

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I keep seeds in all the time and pellets. They get fresh veggies in the morning or afternoon. They do like to eat, but I found when I first got them, that was all they did. Now they eat normally.