• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air purifiers and humidifiers in the same room

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So... I've been thinking about this for a couple days now :chin:. I recently got out my humidifier for Babalu, but noticed the most heading towards the air purifier. Should I turn off the air purifier while the humidifier is on? I'm not sure this could be an answer for us though, since my husband has allergies. I saw there is an air washer that is both a purifier and humidifier in one, but it's a bit pricey. Idk what to do :depressed:

Humidifier & Air Purifier Leaders - Venta Airwashers Inc.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
If you can put them on opposite sides of the room, I think it would actually do good and circulate the humidity more.
I actually have 2 venta airwashers and 2 rabbitair hepa filters. One set in each bird room, but on different sides of the room.
I like the ventas a LOT as humidifiers but don't think they are as good an air filter as a hepa filter.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thank you. I was thinking if I did get a venta, I could stop running my rabbitair while the venta is on. But you don't think the venta would be enough then huh? How often do you have to clean them out?

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
this from Consumer Reports in 2008:
The Consumer Reports take. The claim of ridding the air of particles as small as 10 microns is kind of a nonstarter: A 10-micron or larger particle is so big that it's unlikely to remain aloft in the air for long.
Both models we tested proved no better at removing dust and smoke than no air purifier at all. They were, however, efficient at adding moisture to the room.

from what I saw of the amount of dust left by my G2, I did not think it was doing the job either.
The ventas do get some dust as the water was getting dirty (when I left it for more than 2 days), but not enough.
I have to vacuum my Rabbit airs at least once a week. The Ventas I dump all water out and change it every other day and run them outdoors with chlorox in once a month.