• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air Purifier Opinions

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Okay so I know this question gets asked a lot in general but I was still wondering about some opinions on what I should do. I have a filter but it really can't do much in my new room and seems to only be covering the general area of my bookcase...I have a really big room with high ceilings so it is not surprising that my cheaper filter can't handle it at all. I have 4 cockatiels, bare eyed cockatoo, yellow naped amazon, 3 gcc and one sun conure. I also have 3 cats....and there is usually one foster bird in my room too. So I need a filter that can cover a lot of space and good enough to clean the air from all these animals!

I really like the general look of this rabbit air for some reason but it only comes in white...and that will stick out quite badly in my room... it is also really weak (comparatively) only covering 625 sq ft.
BioGS 2.0 Air Purifier ? Rabbit Air

The austin airs I was looking at are the healthmate plus or the allergy machine. Both cover 1500 sq ft which is a lot better than the rabbit air. I'm not sure there is much difference between these two austin airs though so might just go for the cheaper one... the only real difference I have found is the HEPA and HEGA. The HEPA goes down to .3 microns and the HEGA .1 microns. Healthmate has the HEPA and Allergy has both HEPA and HEGA filters.
HealthMate Plus | Austin Air® Purifiers
Allergy Machine | Austin Air® Purifiers

I don't want to spend more than $400 on a purifier since I just bought a A&E 40x30 double stacker for $446 from Bird Paradise (yeah for 30% off sales!!! Boo for a 2 month delivery....can't wait till the end of December!) If anyone has a recommendation for a purifier that can handle what I need for less than $400 that would be fine too! I am not looking specifically to get either of these two brands but the austin air seems to be winning from what I have seen so far!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have the Austin Health Mate Plus. It may be a little more than your budget but you will never regret the purchase. It is an excellent machine. I would email Winged Victory's Avian Mercantile to inquire about pricing. They are wonderful people.

Air Cleaners for Pets by Austin Air | Winged Victory's

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Thanks! Forgot to mention that I can get a significant discount for the Austin airs which is why the two I picked are still an option:)