• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Agressive Baby?

CubanBarbie91

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Christina
Picking up my Dusky Conure in July, he is a bit mouthy and adventurous. He also puffed up and opened his mouth, but didn't bite and then he went back to exploring. I've never had a baby parrot before only adults; so I was wondering if it's normal behavior or will he be agressive?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Baby Conures seem to do a lot of testing of their environment with beak. Just keep you hands away when they are doing that and you be ok. Its normal. I would not put a label on a baby bird and use the word aggressive. @webchirp

Last edited:

CubanBarbie91

Real Name
Christina
I didn't think so honestly, he used his beak for climbing but not biting. Fluffing his feathers and the open beak was interesting, and kind of funny. Another dusky owner told me he was probably emptying his crop.

CubanBarbie91

Real Name
Christina
Picking up my Dusky Conure in July, he is a bit mouthy and adventurous. He also puffed up and opened his mouth, but didn't bite and then he went back to exploring. I've never had a baby parrot before only adults; so I was wondering if it's normal behavior or will he be agressive?
*aggressive

CubanBarbie91

Real Name
Christina
I'm almost wondering if "he" was just wanting to be with his fellow conures; because he kept on walking back to them. Even jumped into the nest haha

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Agree with everyone else.

He is GORGEOUS!!! :heart:

CubanBarbie91

Real Name
Christina
Congrats. Dusky conure babies like to hold on to fingers and grab things. As for puffing up and opening his mouth maybe he wanted to be fed. How old is he?
1 month

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cute baby. My Dusky Conure, Jaden, is 12 years old. It's nice that you can visit with him until he is ready to go home.