• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

aggressive ringneck

elaine kent

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
elaine kent
Hi, I really need some advice, my Indian Ringneck Cheeky is almost 18 months old and I,ve had him almost 12 months, Just recently he has become quite aggressive and much more terrotorial than he used to be. He often seems to dive bomb my head, sometimes it,s because he wants some attention but at other times I,m quite baffled. I can be sitting reading and otherwise minding my own business when zoom along he comes literally touching my hair. He won't let me pick him up but he will take food from me very nicely and gently. He seems quite happy so I'm guessing he just isn't a touchy feely bird. I talk to him all the time and he is out of his cage all day everyday because I'm home all the time. He's taken to hiding out under the dining room table a lot of the time but when I take him into the bedroom with me he seems to be a lot more his usual self. I can't think of anything that has changed but I'd appreciate any advice because I would hate to think I was doing something that was making him unhappy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He could be hormonal. It's that time of year for a lot of birds.

csnake91

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chris
Bowie (female) does similar things around this time of year. I would bet its hormones like sunnysmom said.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I vote hormones

elaine kent

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
elaine kent
Thanks both of you. I suspected it was hormones but I just wanted to check I was on the right track. I'm just gonna roll with it and put up with the biting and dive bombing. He gets loads of attention except when he's naughty lol. Hopefully he'll be back to his usual self soon.