• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

After a stressful 2 day journey

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
My Gouldians arrived. Shipper (she can pipe in and is amazing) and I had a long two days waiting because they were supposed to be here in 24 hours. The USPS trucker decided that they didn't need to scan any codes so nobody knew where the birds were. Talk about a stressful time I was on the phone all night trying to figure out which airport they were coming into and then they end up being the wrong Airport and sitting on a truck for several hours in 20 degree weather in Maine. I couldn't believe when I went to pick him up at 4 a.m. all five birds were alive. All this to say it's very important to pack right- make sure you have those 40-hour heat packs, a good box, more water than you think you need with a sponge, and more food than you think they would eat in 5 days. As a bonus we got an egg even and I'm hoping that she still decides that she wants to sit on it or lay a few more.
Kiddos to the seller. We love them!!

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How stressful! I'm glad they made it to you safely. :)

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Yay! You were the hero that saved them!! I hate it that they may have suffered but now they know that without you the world is a very cruel place.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Do you know - I never even saw this thread, @Cynth ! :)

How are they doing?