• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

african grey

diana weirich

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
diana weirich
i have an african grey for 40 years. 7 yrs ago he caught his neck between bars while playing with his best buddy my dog annie he was trapped for maybe 3 minutes before i could free him he went to eating right away after the incident like nothing happened. weeks later he developed a bump on his neck which i think is scar tissue. it seem to be getting bigger i think or maybe he is molting because no feathers are there can scar tissue get bigger in 7 years?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Others can hopefully answer your questions, but has he seen a vet? A vet check is always a good idea when in doubt.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Welcome to AA. I would doubt if something is going on from an injury 7 years ago, but it could. More likely is a cyst or tumor. Your bird needs to go to the vet right away before it gets worse.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome please see an avian vet if you need money try to set up an account with care credit

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
:welave: I would take your baby to the vet as soon as possible to get him checked out and find out what is going on.